• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FaceBook blocking Pro-Gun post from members.

We-the-People

Hmmm, not sure about that. I don't know what a 3%ER is.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

You're kidding right?

The American Revolution for independence from Britain was fought by about three percent of the population at any given time. Hence the term "Three Percenter" abbreviated in the OP's message was likely a reference to how many would fight if a future revolution were to happen.

Jack House

No I'm not kidding. I don't keep up with all the latest memes.

self preservation

You're kidding right?

The American Revolution for independence from Britain was fought by about three percent of the population at any given time. Hence the term "Three Percenter" abbreviated in the OP's message was likely a reference to how many would fight if a future revolution were to happen.

Ding, ding, ding...We have a winner!

REALteach4u

This is like the Bank of America problem of stopping firearm and ammo transactions. It's so few and far between that it's tough to say that 2A is the reason rather than other reasons. The Facebook side of things could be related to other explosive political posts (see anything from Alex Jones or James Yeager to understand). The BOA issue has been verified by phone only and nothing in writing has been illustrated as of yet.

I have a pro-gun business page and my personal page does have explosive political posts from time to time, yet nothing has been expressed as a violation of Facebook's terms of service....yet. Same with BOA, purchased a rifle recently on my card and had ZERO issues....I even split it up on lay away to test the BOA complaint and no denied transactions so far.

MikeTheGreek

Facebook also operates by disabling accounts/pages that have a ton of reports against them. Facebook rarely actually investigates reports, but if a pro-gun page gets reported 10,000 times by anti-gun morons, odds are Facebook will disable/delete the account without looking into it.

self preservation

Facebook also operates by disabling accounts/pages that have a ton of reports against them. Facebook rarely actually investigates reports, but if a pro-gun page gets reported 10,000 times by anti-gun morons, odds are Facebook will disable/delete the account without looking into it.

I could see that. But why would they "spam" my private email about a militia?

self preservation

This is a 32 minute video about have gov't is over stepping its bounds when it comes to technology and how they observe/monitor what we do. And if anyone would like to throw in the "tin hat" comments, feel free if it makes you feel better . To some if it seems far fetched then the poster is crazy. But fact is usually stranger than fiction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OQFZf81Oc8

acmariner99

I haven't had any trouble with facebook deleting any of my stuff yet. Facebook is a wonderful tool to communicate with and keep in touch with friends across the country - which is the only reason I still have one. I don't like putting up a lot of pictures or spouting off details about my day to day life. It is a communication medium. And seeing as how I have permits from multiple states, have filled several 4473's, and have sent messages to all of my elected representatives more than once the past few months, my name is already out there.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Whatcom County Open Carry

I have resisted Facebook for a variety of reasons. This has changed. I am building a facebook page to help promote the community service the Whatcom County chapter of Open Carriers. It will obviously very "pro gun". We are involved in our community and this will be a good way to disseminate information about our projects. Will facebook cut us off? I do not know. It will be an overt attempt to inject ourselves (Open Carriers) into the "social media world".

We will see what we will see.

VW_Factor

BS.

Any of the pro-gun organizations I follow on FB, none of them have had anything censored or deleted by FB.

Jack House

BS.

Any of the pro-gun organizations I follow on FB, none of them have had anything censored or deleted by FB.
I've explained this already. OP got his comments deleted by the people who run the anti gun groups. Not by Facebook itself. Blaming Facebook would be like me blaming Time Warner if I got banned from the forum.

cyras21

My last 3 videos (haven't checked older ones) showing police misconduct have been deleted from FaceBook by someone other then myself.