• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another gov't failure to actually protect citizens from unlawful detentions - prom

Maverick9

So, the judge or court ruled the 'test-negative' individuals "should have" been free to go, but I don't see any fines or penalties put to the 'testing' individuals which would dissuade them from doing this again and again.

Basically, without a penalty, such a 'ruling' is a waste of everyone's time. They should have at least imposed on the persons responsible a fine of $500 per student to reimburse them partially, and/or the school should have had to produce another prom just for them at the expense of the school (not the taxpayer).

Interesting but an exercise in futility, IMO, unless I missed something.

solus

So, the judge or court ruled the 'test-negative' individuals "should have" been free to go, but I don't see any fines or penalties put to the 'testing' individuals which would dissuade them from doing this again and again.

Basically, without a penalty, such a 'ruling' is a waste of everyone's time. They should have at least imposed on the persons responsible a fine of $500 per student to reimburse them partially, and/or the school should have had to produce another prom just for them at the expense of the school (not the taxpayer).

futility is the 2011 case of the 13yo abq male being a class clown, burbing dur gym, told to go sit in the hallway, continuing burbing, security officer called, boy handcuffed, arrested & taken to jail, and just recently the courts said the arrest was justified and the school officials and security officer are immune from judical repercussions.

grrr, sorry a gym teacher/instructor/whatever lacked the training or capability to be an adult to control their students and the nice le had to respond.

ipse

davidmcbeth

Banned

We don't get one "get out of jail card"...why should .govs. Now if they do it again...well, then we might penalize them.

This judge was a dweeb...anyone who did not know that they essentially kidnapped the kids is a moron.

My school said that it was their rule to search kids going on a field trip and I told them it was my rule to pound anyone who violates my kid's rights ... lets see who's rule prevails. No search happened. These .govs only understand one thing.

Va_Nemo

Nothing good happens after 2400 for Juniors, Seniors, or seniors. If something good is going to happen late at night for a senior, it has happened, as many times as it is going to, by midnight.

Many times when I was in high school the dance was till midnight. Shortly after is when things got fun and up close.

Of course as I am close to being a (considered by some to be there) senior, you are dead on correct currently.

Nemo