• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Shows..?

exelci

Quick And Simple Question..

Open Carry Or CC, Legal in gun shows? (in arizona)

exelci

Maybe..

yea maybe But this is the OPEN CARRY QuestiOns Section.. i got time bofore the next gun show i think ill wait for some one to answer.. No hurry but thanx anyways

eye95

The advantage of asking in the AZ forum is that I guarantee you that dozens of Arizonans will read your question in a very short period of time. Far fewer Arizonans will read your question here. And, we Alabamians are lousy at Arizona law.

I can answer for AL: It is legal, however most shows (probably all) won't allow it for insurance reasons.

sultan62

yea maybe But this is the OPEN CARRY QuestiOns Section.. i got time bofore the next gun show i think ill wait for some one to answer.. No hurry but thanx anyways

Quit being a smartass. Post it in the AZ section, or don't be surprised when you get no help. Because the entire forum is an OPEN CARRY forum. So the Open Carry Questions section is for topics that span across open carriers regardless of geographic locations or local legal implications. That's why there are state-specific boards.

GWbiker

Quick And Simple Question..

Open Carry Or CC, Legal in gun shows? (in arizona)

Quick n' simple answer. OC at an Arizona gun show is legal. HOWEVER, gun has to be unloaded before entering at adjoining desk by security people, action zip tied and magazine empty.

eye95

Quick n' simple answer. OC at an Arizona gun show is legal. HOWEVER, gun has to be unloaded before entering at adjoining desk by security people, action zip tied and magazine empty.

Is that the law? Or the venue rules, based on insurance requirements.

GWbiker

Here in Colorado, it's the same way. No, it's not law; just the venue rules based on insurance requirements.

Same in Arizona - no loaded guns inside, and a good decision IMHO. Been to more than several gun shows and each time have witnessed an idiot picking up a handgun on a vendors table, pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger.

daddy4count

I have not been to a show in years, but the last one I went to here in WA they fully allowed open or concealed carry at the show... but you had to "check" your weapon at the door so they could verify that it was UNLOADED and zip tie through the open chamber.

19Daniel91

:lol: First gun show I went to (I crossed the border to Indiana :p) this dude standing about had a bolt-action rifle shouldered...and then he turned around quickly and accidently clocked his girlfriend in the head with the barrel.

But as others said, upon entering the place, you're asked if you have any firearms and to present them unloaded.