• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

firearm/medical marijuana with green card issue

91 whiskey

I'm going to go ahead and say this is just dumb all around. Pot isn't any worse then alcohol in my view and as far as I know you can be in possession of alcohol (i.e.taking it home from store) while carrying.

Raggs

I'm going to go ahead and say this is just dumb all around. Pot isn't any worse then alcohol in my view and as far as I know you can be in possession of alcohol (i.e.taking it home from store) while carrying.

mostly true, but now, at this moment pot is not legal as beer is.

22Luke36

It really is as legal as beer in most ways. The problem lies in the mind. LEO still associate weed with problems due to decades of blinders and brainwashing. As a result, LEO pulls over someone abiding by the law, can't come to terms with that fact, and goes old school making trouble for Johnny Citizen.

Whenever too much freedom is in one place, the government will always freak out.

langenc

So alcohol kills thousands and half kills many more, you think that is ok??

Both just allow persons to escape reality and not face the facts, of life..

How many thousands of taxpayers 'federal dollars' are spent on those two categories, pot and booze, before the user moves on to bigger and better stuff?

Last edited:

22Luke36

How many people has pot killed?

How many people has the drug war killed. (all guilty?)

Is it right to take a sick persons medicine away or change what works, or put them in a cage?

Why call it a disease, and then kick them out of rehab, or lock them up if they relapse?

Are their lives worth defending?

What about their rights? To choose between a right that even insects come with, or feeling sick?

Last edited:

OneForAll

How many thousands of taxpayers 'federal dollars' are spent on those two categories, pot and booze, before the user moves on to bigger and better stuff?

That is because people who think like that are followers to who is ever doing what to get high. I am drug free and have a drink here and there and have never said, "I need something better like drugs."

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

Ignorance rears its ugly head. :lol:

The "gateway" theory is facially specious, as it's essentially a form of "correlation implies causation".

Marijuana as a Gateway Drug: The Myth That Will Not Die

The same thing applies to alcohol.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Pot is a gateway to other drugs like sex is to homosexuality. Sometimes people choose to move on, but the initial fun isn't the reason.

As for escaping reality, when you WANT to escape reality in a manner that doesn't hurt someone else, that's your choice. You might do it with alcohol, pot, hookers, or just sleeping. I don't care.

22Luke36

Pot is a gateway to other drugs like sex is to homosexuality. Sometimes people choose to move on, but the initial fun isn't the reason.

As for escaping reality, when you WANT to escape reality in a manner that doesn't hurt someone else, that's your choice. You might do it with alcohol, pot, hookers, or just sleeping. I don't care.

Can I quote that?

91 whiskey

I'm one of those that think people shouldn't be telling other people what they can or cannot do as long as what said people are doing won't be hurting anyone else. In my perfect world you could do what you want but you would also have to realize that there is no federal or state subsidized safety net to catch you when you fall. I'm also one of those crazy idiots who thinks most forms of taxation is theft, reads books by the likes of Andrew Napolitano, Ron Paul, Von Mises, Hayek, etc. People want to get high that's fine. It's not for me but at the same time it doesn't bother me one bit. I'm just an all around bad person I guess.:)

Last edited:

Blackxj98

Charge with pres of drug

Okay so being charge for pres of drug. Try to find more about this the to arraignment in a few day but just like to know a bit more for court.

22Luke36

Okay so being charge for pres of drug. Try to find more about this the to arraignment in a few day but just like to know a bit more for court.

So you have been charged then? Do you have a card?

I would start a new thread if I were you. And hire a lawyer that believes in you, there are many to choose from.

Haman J.T.

How did the cops in these cases know about the pistols?

It sounds to me like 28.425f compels those who are unlawful users of or addicted to controlled substances to self-incriminate if they also have a CPL and are stopped while carrying concealed or in a vehicle.
And I just read about SCOTUS precedent against felon gun registration due to "self incrimination"! That would need to be brought up in court IMHO! CARRY ON!