• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New bill proposed to tax ammunition

Whitney

State Wide Ammo Tax does not does not infringe on RKBA

State Wide Ammo Tax proposed.

Gun owners are responsible for gun violence.
The legislature further finds that gun ownership is linked to increased gun-related homicide and accidental deaths.

Playing fast and loose with definitions, claiming reloading components are "ammunition".

As used in this section, "ammunition" means cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm.

~Whitney

Last edited:

Dave Workman

State Wide Ammo Tax proposed.

Gun owners are responsible for gun violence.
The legislature further finds that gun ownership is linked to increased gun-related homicide and accidental deaths.

Playing fast and loose with definitions, claiming reloading components are "ammunition".

As used in this section, "ammunition" means cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm.

~Whitney

As Obama preps to tout ‘successes,’ gun control push begins in Olympia

The Seattle Times this morning is reporting that President Barack Obama intends to “call attention to his administration’s successes” during his final State of the Union address this evening; an event that likely will not include references to Operation Fast and Furious, or the Benghazi debacle.

http://www.examiner.com/article/as-obama-preps-to-tout-successes-gun-control-push-begins-olympia

solus

Crap dave i was hoping not to have to watch that live...now i have to discern for myself, the BS slung...

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Crap dave i was hoping not to have to watch that live...now i have to discern for myself, the BS slung...

ipse
I'll wait for the Cliff Notes or Report For Dummies - don't think my digestive system could stand for it live.

davidmcbeth

Banned
five cents per round of
ammunition

Well that's only a 25% tax .. what you complaining about?

All that $$$ going to your local LEO too. Of course, they don't have to pay this tax.

Have you been knocking on the sponsors' doors at midnight to complain?

DeSchaine

You know, Michigan has a similar deal with tobacco. Special taxes and all that. Indiana has a lower set point for that stuff. I have no idea how many MILLIONS in lost revenue have happened over the years because people go there and buy large amounts. If this passes, I expect there will be "state line" gun stores springing up in the WA neighbors.