• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County Family OC Picnic Bastille Day 14 JULY 2012

Greg30-06

My wife wants to know I anyone else will be bringing young kids live under two. Otherwise we will probably leaving or daughter with the grandparents because we are both new to this.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
My wife wants to know I anyone else will be bringing young kids live under two. Otherwise we will probably leaving or dughter with the grandparents because we are both new to this.

If we make it up like I'm planning, I will have little slap with us. Kids are always welcome to events unless its stated otherwise.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Altho some of us are going to be early for the set ups, the Official Start Time will be 10:00.

For those of you using a Garmin or Garmin-like machine, the street address is 2220 Electric Avenue, B'ham, 98229

Greg30-06
My wife wants to know I anyone else will be bringing young kids live under two.

This is a Family event, please bring your live children

We will be in a shaded area, not in hard sun.
Fishing is authorized for those so inclined.
Swimming is popular, no Lifeguards, cold water.
Boating is very popular, bring your boat, ramps and trailer parking available.
A playground area is available for small children.
ANY help with grocery's will be appreciated, bring what makes you happy.

We are listed in the Bellingham Herald

Last edited:

skyisfalling

open carry picnic

MSG thank you so much for organizing this event.

I will be bringing .... ice , paper plates, plastic wear, potato salad and or what ever looks good at Fred Meyers.
Bear, the dog wants to come as well. He is well behaved and great with kids.

I won't be there too early but will make it by 10 am.

Hope 'ya all can attend. Really looking forward to it.

sudden valley gunner

Been super busy John, text me if there is anything you need otherwise I might space on it. The better half is making pan sushi. I'll grab some brats and soda.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
We will see you when we see you Slap.

Somebody got ice??

Sky, you caught the paper stuff(plates cups napkins), eh??

I will set up first thing in the AM ........coffee....coffee.....COFFEE!!

ARADCOM

Nice turnout!

Nice event MSG, you did a great job. Glad I was able to come by for a while, great food and some good conversations.

Nice to see a variety of OC'ers and all the families and kids.

And I like my T shirts!

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
We must do this again

Long day, very successful, good community involvement. A goodly sized gathering of people from around the sound. We drew people from all over town, just stopping by to see what we were all about. This gave most of the OCers present to get into meaningful conversations with the average LAC. BBQ food galore and Kudos to the Burger Chef, Boomboy, who did an absolutely famous job in the kitchen. Next year we will get you better overhead cover.
The prize of the day was to the gentleman from Marysville, who drove the longest distance (see pic below). The safety classes seemed to be well received by the public. We bribed them with hot dogs, burgers and soft drinks to come sit in the shade and learn. Most were very attentive and a few had additional questions. All in all we achieved what we set out to do. A positive presence (only one neg comment all day) of Law Abiding Citizens, armed and going about their business. A good safety class on keeping and storing weapons safely. A great deal of social interaction with like minded people. What a Country. Pics to be posted.

Rob, Brian, Andy, this could not have been successful without your participation and help. Great job Guys

Last edited:

Boomboy007

Whatcom County OC'ers sure know how to throw a shindig!

We had a great time on Saturday, and I can't wait to do it again! MSG Laigaie did an outstanding job pulling all of this together, and I think it went better than any of us had expected. SkyIsFalling and Sudden Valley helped tremendously, and nobody complained too loudly about my burgers. All in all, a success. While the Bellingham Police Department had one or two vehicles across the road "monitoring" the area (I am sure "for their safety and ours"), we ended up feeding a couple of friendly Whatcom County deputy sheriffs who asked not a single question about our sidearms. They were, however, pretty handy with their citation pads for those boat enthusiasts who were caught out of compliance with the local marine statutes; just an FYI.

I am posting a couple of pictures here, but before I post faces, I just want to make sure that the person(s) in the photos are okay with the public posting.

Like the Macy's Thanksgiving parade, I am ready to start planning for next year!

Attachments

• DSCF0987 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0987 (Small).JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF1010 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF1010 (Medium).JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 95

jbone

Now I know why the Gun show looked like a ghost town yesterday.

skyisfalling

Outstanding Event.
Great fun for young and old, man and woman.
I am very impressed with all my fellow carriers. Public curiousity was met with knowledgeable answers and informative conversation.
Everyone was at ease and not at all concerned for their safety. In fact, one guy said, "this is the safest place in town".
That's the point. Open Carry is safe and natural.
MSG Laigaie taught a basic pistol safety class. Many people gathered for the presentation.
I am sure we touched many people and expanded their view (opinion) on firearm ownership and our right to carry.
Next year is gunna' be huge.