• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry is very effective

Aryk45XD

imported post

About a month and some ago I was at a Renton corner store. When the girl gave me my change, for a split second, my attention was focused on turning the bills all one way. (I fully support OCD as well as OCDO) I looked up to thank her and saw a :shock: look on her face. I immediately looked around the store and saw nothing. I asked her what's the matter and she told me a guy just ran into the store with a gun in his hand, took one look at me, and ran out. I ran to the door and saw nobody outside. She thanked me for having a gun on me. (she made a small hint of thinking I was LEO or security by telling me that "we need more people in my line of work in public." I kind of chuckled and asked what more Parts Profesionals would have to do with crime? I told her all about OCDO and gave her a pamphlet from my truck. I didn't have a lot of time, so I left kinda quickly, but haven't seen her since to talk with her more.

Phssthpok

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Wow. What a cool story. I can't imagine what had to have gone through the guys mind who came in with gun in hand.

Probably some excess solid waste matter when his sphincter muscles involuntarily snapped shut and crawled as far up inside as possible.:lol:

Aaron1124

imported post

What kind of robber would run in to the store with his gun already in hand? It seems they'd want to play it smart and keep it concealed, and act as a paying customer at first.

Stretch

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
What kind of robber would run in to the store with his gun already in hand? It seems they'd want to play it smart and keep it concealed, and act as a paying customer at first.
Thieves are not usually the most intelligent folks walking the streets.

:)

Aryk45XD

imported post

I don't know exactly what happened at the store right by the 7-11 on Renton ave. The one next to the bar that got shut down. I know what she told me. I definitely don't know what she saw. Maybe he pulled it out as he walked in. Maybe it was fake. Maybe he didn't have the cojones to go through with it. Maybe it wasn't a gun at all. I was pretty reluctant to post this. I do know it made me feel great, and that's all that matters. I've noticed a couple of times a guy will come in take a look around and size up people in there and walk out with mainly no interest in what's actually in the store. I've gotten the usual dirty look or eye contact avoidence.

ETA: correction. It was Renton Ave, not Rainier

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I know that area a little doesn't surprise me one bit, he would run in with the gun in his hand already. Great job!!!! Goes to show that simply openly carrying prevents crime.

Aryk45XD

imported post

Funny thing is it doesn't surprise me either. There's always a group of thuggies out in front or real unsavory characters hanging behind that store. I don't get why that area is so bad with the Sheriff dept right across the street! There have been a lot of shootings in that area. I was told by a lot of friends that won't go near that store to stay away. I don't so much mind the asking for money, offering drugs and even sex etc. It was always just easy for me to go to that store. This is also the same area Murice Clemmens lived and where my block has been closed down by the police to run search teams with dogs. I have since moved from that area.

Aryk45XD

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Armed robber gets beat up by former collegiate wrestler
I've seen that vid a few times. The only thing I will never understand is why everyone doesn't immediately at least try to subdue the BG once the first person starts to jump on him. I can understand the old guy on the phone may be brittle and he does get in some good kicks, but what about all the others and the guy that comes and leaves and comes back? All he had to do was sit on him.

1245A Defender

well,,,

thank you green for reposting this old story.
I also tell this tale to anyone that asks about the reasoning for the open carried gun.

green called me at 2am the morning after our friend Eric died,,, we talked for almost 2 hours.

I havent cried for the loss of my friend,,, Yet,,, but I will....

amlevin

Since the original story got "bumped" I thought I'd bump this response as well. Most security video that's shown on TV in situations like this show the firearm to be concealed when they enter. When they're right in front of the clerk, that's when they pull their "piece" out of their underwear, ah, um, I mean pistol.

badkarma

Great story from someone I didn't know. We have the same type of crime on Hosmer in Tacoma at the 7-11s and Shell stations. I have open carried many times there and always the same thing. Most of the riff raff look at me funny and head for the door and the clerk hardly notices.

Last edited:

Difdi

I don't believe this story one bit. EVERYBODY (and their uncles and their dogs) knows, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that the robber would have shot the open carrier on sight. Right? Isn't that what is SUPPOSED to happen? :lol:

Yup, stolen the open carrier's gun right out of his holster, then shot him with it. The robber, of course, would never use the gun he already has to do this, he'd always grab the open carrier's gun.