• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Banning Poll

Extremist Ban?

• Ban

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Temp Ban

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Monitor

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Left Alone

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

jimd_21

Extremists.....we have all seen them and had run-ins with them on this forum....what do you think?

Ban....
temp ban....
monitor....
leave alone.....

eye95

It is not our call. As long as folks don't violate the rules, they pretty much can say anything they want. It's up to the owners.

When I find a poster's views ridiculous in their extremity, I just ignore the poster.

eye95

Been there. You'll notice I tried to reason with him. I had him on ignore before he started the libel nonsense. He will be back there soon enough. Life would be better here without him, but ignore accomplishes that almost as well as a ban would.

I don't agree with all of John's and Mike's decisions, but they are the owners and administer this site better than any other owners of any other site I've been on.

jimd_21

Been there. You'll notice I tried to reason with him. I had him on ignore before he started the libel nonsense. He will be back there soon enough. Life would be better here without him, but ignore accomplishes that almost as well as a ban would.

I don't agree with all of John's and Mike's decisions, but they are the owners and administer this site better than any other owners of any other site I've been on.

I would still be honored with your thoughts on mine and his posts on page 7 and 8. If not thats ok i understand you stance on him and his thoughts, just would like others to see that he needs dealt with before he becomes a statistic and a thorn in this forums side.

eye95

You have made your point and he is not going to listen. If you keep arguing with him, your actions will give him credibility. So it is time to move on. Folks will see one poster being rational and the other being rash. You will never convince him, but you have already maximized your effect on other posters who read that thread, but don't respond.

Like I said, you should just move on. Toss him on ignore if it will help.

Beretta92FSLady

You always have the option to ignore. Kwik seems a little high strung to me...just think people should calm down a bit, sometimes.

I am not sure about your proposing that "extremists" be banned. Where do you draw the line? Ignore would be your best option, if you are not interested in what they have to post.

zack991

it is not our call. As long as folks don't violate the rules, they pretty much can say anything they want. It's up to the owners.

When i find a poster's views ridiculous in their extremity, i just ignore the poster.

this

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
You always have the option to ignore. Kwik seems a little high strung to me...just think people should calm down a bit, sometimes.

I am not sure about your proposing that "extremists" be banned. Where do you draw the line? Ignore would be your best option, if you are not interested in what they have to post.

Who are you to call Kwik names? YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FOR NAME CALLING AND LIBEL!!! I mean really now, is it that extreme to think you should be able to carry a sawed off Kalashnikov "pistol" slung over your shoulder and attract no more attention than a guy carrying a glock? Not only is this guy not an extremist, he's even brilliant enough to post memos with his full name, written (I assume) by a PD that REGRETS that it cannot verify he's not been charged for a DV crime, on an internet forum.

If THAT isn't a perfect illustration of the rational actions of a mainstream gun rights activist, I'll have to go tell Charles Manson, who's eating Fruity Pebbles at my dinning room table right now, that he has to go back to jail.

Beretta92FSLady

Who are you to call Kwik names? YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FOR NAME CALLING AND LIBEL!!! I mean really now, is it that extreme to think you should be able to carry a sawed off Kalashnikov "pistol" slung over your shoulder and attract no more attention than a guy carrying a glock? Not only is this guy not an extremist, he's even brilliant enough to post memos with his full name, written (I assume) by a PD that REGRETS that it cannot verify he's not been charged for a DV crime, on an internet forum.

If THAT isn't a perfect illustration of the rational actions of a mainstream gun rights activist, I'll have to go tell Charles Manson, who's eating Fruity Pebbles at my dinning room table right now, that he has to go back to jail.

I was thinking of something more along the lines of a Barrett M107, with 50 BMG Armor-Piercing-Incendiary rounds,when taking the kids to the park. You are so full of it, Manson likes Cocoa Pebbles.

Last edited:

SFCRetired

Not to name any names, but I think we all know that there are a couple of our number who emulate the proverbial rodent in the outhouse. One or two have been banned from numerous other firearm/second amendment forums and, for the life of me, I cannot understand why they are still allowed to post on here.

But that is me. It is John's and Mike's forum and I, for one, think they do an outstanding job under the time constraints they have.

As others have said, and I reiterate; The "Ignore" feature is definitely your friend when it comes to some of our number.

jimd_21

Eye......carefull!

I am kinda starting to like you and consider you one of the upstanding members and contributors....

ok that was buzz talk....had a few..but keep it up...when i am sober...i just might agree with myself

Beretta92FSLady

Kwik, you should really be careful though. From what I have read(e) you seem to be seeking out interactions with LEO's. I see nothing wrong with exercising your right to carry, but seeking out interactions is not a good idea, especially with LEO's.

Don't you think it is enough that throughout our daily lives we come into contact with LEO's, uneducated civilians, anti's, and people who target us for victimization?

Don't be so kwik to look for confrontation...get it, kwik=quick, hardy har har Stay safe!

jimd_21

Kwik, you should really be careful though. From what I have read(e) you seem to be seeking out interactions with LEO's. I see nothing wrong with exercising your right to carry, but seeking out interactions is not a good idea, especially with LEO's.

Don't you think it is enough that throughout our daily lives we come into contact with LEO's, uneducated civilians, anti's, and people who target us for victimization?

Don't be so kwik to look for confrontation...get it, kwik=quick, hardy har har Stay safe!

Sorry but as i have read and been told Kwik loves confrontation....whether it be on the street with citizens.....LEO... or people on this forum. I kinda think he has confrontations with himself in the mirror...( and in Idaho he would not be allowed carry/own a firearm/weapon due to unstable mental condition).

Tomas

Essentially Mike and John have established rules and set limits for behavior on their forum.

That should give everyone a basis for determining proper behavior and behavior demanding banishment.

So long as one has not exceeded the established limits they SHOULD NOT be banned.

Some folks may find other folks posts distasteful, rude, improbable, even insane, but so long as they reasonably follow the established rules and stay within the forum limits, they should not be banned.

It is, after all, 'rule of law' that the site is established on, not whim.

jimd_21

Essentially Mike and John have established rules and set limits for behavior on their forum.

That should give everyone a basis for determining proper behavior and behavior demanding banishment.

So long as one has not exceeded the established limits they SHOULD NOT be banned.

Some folks may find other folks posts distasteful, rude, improbable, even insane, but so long as they reasonably follow the established rules and stay within the forum limits, they should not be banned.

It is, after all, 'rule of law' that the site is established on, not whim.

Ok don't take this rude, out of context, or any other way but a comparison.

Muslims say they are good people....yet they have few in their religion that take things to the extreme.....are they banned? Or are they left alone to spread their hate and discontent until they are gone and deamed martor's?

Just a thought.......Comparison.....take it as you will but think about it....

Beretta92FSLady

Sorry but as i have read and been told Kwik loves confrontation....whether it be on the street with citizens.....LEO... or people on this forum. I kinda think he has confrontations with himself in the mirror...( and in Idaho he would not be allowed carry/own a firearm/weapon due to unstable mental condition).
[video=youtube;YkeOr720S5w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkeOr720S5w[/video]

Tomas

Ok don't take this rude, out of context, or any other way but a comparison.

Muslims say they are good people....yet they have few in their religion that take things to the extreme.....are they banned? Or are they left alone to spread their hate and discontent until they are gone and deamed martor's?

Just a thought.......Comparison.....take it as you will but think about it....

I honestly have no idea how a comparison to Muslims crept in here (it could just as easily have been Christians), but my post was entirely about staying within the rules, and being banished only if one steps outside them.

Are you asking about normal, rational Muslims who play entirely within the rules (laws), or are you asking about Muslims who do NOT stay within the rules (laws)? If you are asking about those who go to extremes and step outside the law, of course they should be banished.

:question: What were we talking about? :question:

jimd_21

Well as i said..."take it as you will"

For me, I carry a .40 in a serpa cqc and it hugs my side tight. I carry for protection, not to make a point or bring attention.

So i could say my comparison would be to religious people who believe but who do not push their religion onto others. In all factions of organized groups their will be some that are...for simple terms "Over the Top"...and they are the one's who draw negative attention.

Those who attract negative attention should not be encouraged and attended to. They should be shamed, showed their way's and taught the proper way to educate.

It has been shown that the neglect to police within, no matter what faction, that "turning the blind eye" will result in negative attention to the faction and it's beliefs.