• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sometimes, just sometimes I can see why the antis are so scared.

Dahwg

I was at the Fry's on Thornydale and Ina the other day when this bag boy comes up to me in the parking lot.

bag boy: "What do you carry?"

Me: "It's a CZ P-01"

bag boy: "Do you like it?"

Me: "Very much"

bag boy: "I need to get me a gun."

Me: "Yup. I think everyone should..."

bag boy: (interrupting) "So I can walk around like a baddass"

Me: "What? No, that's not a reason to have a weapon!"

bag boy: "Why do you have one?"

Me: "Well I never want to be in a situation where I needed it and didn't have it, and besides it's my right..."

bag boy: (interrupting again) "... to be a badass..."

Me: "Son, you have no business carrying a gun until you grow up a bit."

bag boy: "What's wrong with wanting to be a badass?"

Me: "A gun is not a toy, it is a tool that can cause death, what you are telling me is that you don't understand the seriousness of gun ownership."

bag boy: (looking extremely confused) "but Arizona is about a bunch of badasses with guns."

Me: "Have a nice day kid, and do yourself a favor... don't buy a gun until you've had some serious training."

bag boy: "Right, training is what makes you a badass."

:banghead:

True story.

Almost as bad was the guy at the Circle K who asked me what I carried. I told him it was a CZ and he said, "Oh yeah, those are f'in awesome! I carry a CZ75 all the time... in Call Of Duty"
Really? :shocker:

slowfiveoh

I dont think any facepalm pictures available on the internet can justify the enormity of the one I just applied to my face.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I was at the Fry's on Thornydale and Ina the other day when this bag boy comes up to me in the parking lot.

Me: "Well I never want to be in a situation where I needed it and didn't have it, and besides it's my right..."

Me: "A gun is not a toy, it is a tool that can cause death, what you are telling me is that you don't understand the seriousness of gun ownership."

bag boy: (looking extremely confused) "but Arizona is about a bunch of badasses with guns."

Me: "Have a nice day kid, and do yourself a favor... don't buy a gun until you've had some serious training."

True story.

Almost as bad was the guy at the Circle K who asked me what I carried. I told him it was a CZ and he said, "Oh yeah, those are f'in awesome! I carry a CZ75 all the time... in Call Of Duty"

Bro...why did you even continue the convo with this guy? He got you man...he got you good XD
307_Police_I_got_trolled.jpg

xmanhockey7

True story.

Idiot. Gives gun owners a bad name and I'm assuming he was under 21 which makes people like me in the 18-20 range look bad.

skyisfalling

"Has anyone tried to grab you gun"?

Reminds me.....
Last month I was in the corner market. In line waiting to buy beer, some dude
asked me, "hey, is that legal"?
"Yes, 100% legal". I was about ready to hand him a Washington State Gun Rights
Pamphlet when he bellowed out, "has anyone ever tried to grab your gun"?

Several responses flashed through my mind, ..... 'do you know what a bug is'...ect.
Than I thought, anyone stupid enough to say something like that, just might be stupid
enough to do it.
I left the beer on the counter and walk out.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Reminds me.....
Last month I was in the corner market. In line waiting to buy beer, some dude
asked me, "hey, is that legal"?
"Yes, 100% legal". I was about ready to hand him a Washington State Gun Rights
Pamphlet when he bellowed out, "has anyone ever tried to grab your gun"?

Several responses flashed through my mind, ..... 'do you know what a bug is'...ect.
Than I thought, anyone stupid enough to say something like that, just might be stupid
enough to do it.
I left the beer on the counter and walk out.

seems like a valid question if you're interested in open carry. perhaps the way he asked it sounded childish?

Dahwg

Kid was around 18-20 years old, and while at first I thought he was kidding, the absolute look of cluelessness when I told him the gun wasn't about being a "badass" was not something that could be faked. Seriously, you could practically see the wheels turning, and him trying to register what I just told him.

JoeGlock40

sad but thats how alota kids are up on the northside...all them dam tv shows and games, like call of duty, and parents not teaching em right. i live right up the street by the foothills mall and thats one of the main reasons i dont OC anymore up there. teenagers think your just trying to be a badass and start sayin stupid stuff, especially the punk kids. i had a young couple ask if my glock was real while walking to my apt, i said yea and they said o yea so is mine wana see? i just hustled my wife ahead and watched em. it was a girl that even said it. but the punk kids tend to shut up when they see me loading the 12 guage and ak into the truck when its time to go shooting, they just look stunned in a Oh Sh!t, hes for real look

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
JoeGlock40; said:
i had a young couple ask if my glock was real while walking to my apt, i said yea and they said o yea so is mine wana see?

That almost sounds like a threat.
sent from my phone, excuse my grammar/spelling errors

Last edited:

Dahwg

sad but thats how alota kids are up on the northside...all them dam tv shows and games, like call of duty, and parents not teaching em right. i live right up the street by the foothills mall and thats one of the main reasons i dont OC anymore up there. teenagers think your just trying to be a badass and start sayin stupid stuff, especially the punk kids. i had a young couple ask if my glock was real while walking to my apt, i said yea and they said o yea so is mine wana see? i just hustled my wife ahead and watched em. it was a girl that even said it. but the punk kids tend to shut up when they see me loading the 12 guage and ak into the truck when its time to go shooting, they just look stunned in a Oh Sh!t, hes for real look

Yup, sounds about right. I live in that same area. Lots of kids that are just daddy's spoiled little spawn. :banghead:

Malcolm

Ya, Parents are too busy working and not busy enough instilling character in their...

I OC every day and fortunately I've never had anyone ask me anything stupid. A few people eyeing and some compliments but never "Is that real?" or "Can you do that?". I actually expect the latter to happen everyday. Kommifornians and tourists. I guess I've been fortunate that I haven't had to engage that level of ignorance.

-M

P.S. Ron Paul 2012

davesnothere

I frequently get comments from retirees (snow birds) in my area of Mesa about the legality of OC, and comments about the fact that I'm carrying in Condition 1. I mostly get scared looks from teens and younger kids, but I'm a big guy, not very handsome, and shaved head, so I assume people think the worst of me on sight.

hermannr

I have two examples to show how this changes with time and experience. The bag boy in the OP needs this. Back when I was young, it was called the "draft" and not for the NFL or NBA either. I think the Swiss has the right idea BTW. Small standing Army, however, every able bodied male gets to spend some time learning how to defend his country.

First example was an employee's son..Rambo type...thought carring a machine gun around would be fun...the Marines showed him it was not "fun", it was serious business.

The second example is a grandson. He was "Mixed Martial Arts" Crazy...The US Army fixed that...now married etc etc...

Then of course there are those kids that loose the reality line with their Xbox (etc) games...The draft would wake them all up.

Dahwg

Not disagreeing with the assessment of the bag-boy, but I know many who I would consider 'bad-asses' and they don't carry a weapon, that I know of.

He is correct in one respect, without proper training, the the label bad-ass is hard to achieve and maintain. Typically, mature individuals are usually discovered to be bad-asses, by others, after the fact.

TRUTH!

Back in my Paramedic days, we were stopped at a Circle K, my partner for that shift was a very unassuming looking homosexual man (the only reason I bring up his sexual orientation is to point out that he would be considered by most a very non-threatening gentle person because of his lifestyle). Not a nasty hateful guy at all, and not a baddass by anyone's definition.

We were getting ready to get back into our rig and noticed a guy crouched- hiding behind a car who suddenly leaped up and grabbed a young girl (maybe 14) years old by the hair and started beating her senseless. Before I could even say a word, my co-worker had taken a flying leap, I saw a flurry of activity and the next thing I know had the guy by the throat up against the car near which he had been crouching. He calmly looked over at me and asked if I had called it in to dispatch yet- I had- I was treating the girl (icepack, calming her down, etc.) The cops got there, and it wasn't until they left did I learn what had exactly transpired. This guy was the boyfriend of the girl's mom, and I guess had told her that she was forbidden from being anywhere near the Circle K. He followed her there and started beating the crap out of her. My partner jumped the car and blocked his next fist, the guy had pulled a knife and my partner had just as quickly disarmed him and grabbed him by the throat- none of which I saw in the blur of activity that transpired in that instant, the cops recovered the knife from under the car- exactly where my co-worker told him he had kicked it. THAT is a badasss, without a doubt.