• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two new pistols picked up today.

zack991

I bought a used Springfield 1911 for my next project and it will look totally different when I get done with it, it needs to be refinished after I get all the upgrades done but I got it for a steal, only paid 300 for it.
005.jpg

003.jpg

My wife was needing a new smaller carry gun that would fit in her purse and I got a good deal on this as well. Ruger LC9
008.jpg

007.jpg

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Nice, sounds like you got a nice deal on the 1911! Of course you'll have paid $1000 for it by the time you get the finish and upgrades done...lol. But hey, for a 1911 it's worth it.

zack991

Nice, sounds like you got a nice deal on the 1911! Of course you'll have paid $1000 for it by the time you get the finish and upgrades done...lol. But hey, for a 1911 it's worth it.
Yea it will cost a bit to get it they way I want it but it is still cheaper than a already custom 1911. I can't wait to shoot it.

Malcolm

Great job.

Is it a GI model springfield? I always wanted to shoot one. When you "G R Done", you'll have to show some pics. Also, a range report on the ruger would be great. I looked at one and had to say no because of the external safety, I'm a lefty and just couldn't touch it. I hope it's 100% for your ole' lady though.

zack991

Yea it was the GI model and it shot great, I recently had to sell it to help fund another gun project :( . I hate having to do that.

Last edited: