• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Federal Legislation and Executive Orders

Marco

The zombies are coming!
The zombies are coming!
Quick, the zombies are coming!
Sic Semper Tyrannis, or for those who don't speak latin:
.....from my cold, dead hands!

hahaha!!!!
Sic semper tyrannis is a Latin phrase meaning "thus always to tyrants." The full quotation, Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis (literally : "Thus always I rip off tyrants' life"), is sometimes mistranslated as "death to tyrants" or "down with the tyrant."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sic_semper_tyrannis

The phrase molon labe (Ancient Greek μολὼν λαβέ molṑn labé; reconstructed Ancient Greek pronunciation [molɔːn labé]; Modern Greek pronunciation [moˈlon laˈve]) means "Come and take them".

Placementvs.Calibur

hahaha!!!!
Sic semper tyrannis is a Latin phrase meaning "thus always to tyrants." The full quotation, Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis (literally : "Thus always I rip off tyrants' life"), is sometimes mistranslated as "death to tyrants" or "down with the tyrant."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sic_semper_tyrannis

The phrase molon labe (Ancient Greek μολὼν λαβέ molṑn labé; reconstructed Ancient Greek pronunciation [molɔːn labé]; Modern Greek pronunciation [moˈlon laˈve]) means "Come and take them".

Yes, the state seal shows one man standing over another (the tyrant). Therefore, "thus always to tyrants" not death because this what the picture implies, literally.
What I find offensive is the misinterpretation of the past when the founders made it so easy to read. For instance"the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. What's equally offensive is the fact that these politicians think they're smarter than the founders.

riverrat10k

Actually, I think the standing person on the Seal is the goddess Virtus, or "virtue".

There has been some recent PC actions to cover her one naked boobie. Don't know if that is official.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Actually, I think the standing person on the Seal is the goddess Virtus, or "virtue".

There has been some recent PC actions to cover her one naked boobie. Don't know if that is official.

Yep! It's a half neeked Woou man with a purty good rack!:uhoh: