• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

longshot1

Hi folks. New to the site. I will be moving to Onley, in Accomack Virginia in December of 2013. Just wondering about members in that area.

Longshot1

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO. Join VCDL www.vcdl.org

There are a few OCDO folks around that area. The problem is that none of them have bothered to host an oyster roast.

stay safe.

longshot1

I'll be in Onley on Friday 12/6/2013. Will be there Saturday and Sunday morning. Would like to shake your hand and say hello.

Longshot1

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
I'll be in Onley on Friday 12/6/2013. Will be there Saturday and Sunday morning. Would like to shake your hand and say hello.

Longshot1

I would love to. Saturday morning I will be in woods (deer hunting). Sunday morning is best time for me. We can set a time and place as date gets closer.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk

longshot1

how about breakfast some where on Sunday then. It looks like we are only about 5 mile apart. Name a restaurant and time. Not too familiar with the good places yet. I'll be unpacking boxes most of the week end. Looks like I won't get a chance to kill groceries this year. Got to find a place to shoot too.

HearseGuy

Welcome Long shot!

I'm in the neighboring county just south. I find myself in/around Onley quite a bit. I have OCed all over Onley with never an issue. I OC everywhere I go on the shore. Hope we can get together as well sometime!

Edit: Oh and just a tip, watch your speed through Onley. 45 means 45. They like to sit at the McDonalds or at or across from Wendy's. And they are pretty tough lol. just a little helpful info!

Last edited:

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
how about breakfast some where on Sunday then. It looks like we are only about 5 mile apart. Name a restaurant and time. Not too familiar with the good places yet. I'll be unpacking boxes most of the week end. Looks like I won't get a chance to kill groceries this year. Got to find a place to shoot too.

How about 0900 on Sunday at Sage Diner. I've never OCd in there but for breakfast they are the most logical choice. As far as I know its there or someplace like McDonalds in Onley area.

longshot1

How about 0900 on Sunday at Sage Diner. I've never OCd in there but for breakfast they are the most logical choice. As far as I know its there or someplace like McDonalds in Onley area.

Sorry for the slow reply. Been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. Sunday at 09:00 at Sage sound good to me. I'll be in a blue X-terra. See you there.

longshot1

Welcome Long shot!

I'm in the neighboring county just south. I find myself in/around Onley quite a bit. I have OCed all over Onley with never an issue. I OC everywhere I go on the shore. Hope we can get together as well sometime!

Edit: Oh and just a tip, watch your speed through Onley. 45 means 45. They like to sit at the McDonalds or at or across from Wendy's. And they are pretty tough lol. just a little helpful info!

The wife calls me the rat man when I'm driving. I get in the right hand lane and drive the speed limit., but thanks for the warning. I'm looking forward to getting to Eastern Shore. Not much of a fisherman but the wife likes it. I've been hunting in West Virginia for the last 20 years, but not much in my own home state. I'm a shooter and do it as much as I can. Will be looking around for a place. Planning on meeting Wolf_shadow at Sage on Sunday 12/8 for breakfast, maybe you could join us. The OC guys in Richmond meet for breakfast every Saturday, maybe we could get something like that going in Eastern Shore. I'dmlike to get my personal infor to you guys, but not sure how to do it in the forum

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Originally Posted by longshot1
My wife may be there too. It will depend on how the dogs are adjusting to there new digs. Looking forward to meeting you. If something changes, my cell is 804.304.XXXX.

Just a busybody sticking his nose in -

We use Private Messages for stuff like that. Click on the member's name and then select Private Messaging.

stay safe