• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snohomish County considers creating outdoor shooting range

jbone

Last edited:

amlevin

This proposal has been tossed around for years. Groups have been pushing the Council to develop something in what is referred to as "East County" for about 10-15 years. The Council has been dragging their feet, stalling, ignoring, and just plain doing nothing. There is a piece of land that they are supposed to be getting transferred from State control into County control that is considered to be "the site". The county has been advised of NRA range design assistance and WA Department of Wildlife has funds available to assist in opening a range.

So far we Snohomish County residents that shoot are getting nothing but the usual responses. No land, no money, not the right time, need to study, etc, etc, etc.

Makes one wonder how Whatcom County was able to get their Plantation Range open with nice (but simple) covered shooting positions and reasonable fees (about $12 for non-resident rifle).

This Spring there was a meeting held to get input on closing the Sultan Pit. The Council's mind was made up before the "input" and it took them almost no time at all to vote to close it, even though the room was full of people that wanted it to remain open until the "New Site" was ready.

The actions of the Snohomish Council are merely another demonstration of how little they care for their constituents.

jbone

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the shooters don't throw in the towel and keep the pressure on.

amlevin

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the shooters don't throw in the towel and keep the pressure on.

Starting with Koster's replacement should he oust Rick "Do Nothing" Larsen. Same for the rest of the council. They need to know that gun owners/shooters are also voters and pay taxes that the council liberally spends (on everything but a shooting sports park).

amzbrady

I know years ago it was nice to be able to go shooting at the local pits out here. Man things have changed. Snobhomish really sucks now. I wouldnt even be here if it wasnt for my wifes family.

jbone

Currently I shoot at pit close to darrington, down past the other pit on "C" post rd.