• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Couple gets attacked at the movies. Armed bystander intervenes.

kylemoul

well in the state of MO
1) He or she reasonably believes that such deadly force is necessary to protect himself, or herself or her unborn child, or another against death, serious physical injury, or any forcible felony;

5, 10, 15 guys would make me believe that deadly force would be necessary against serious physical injury. unless some of you think you are he-man and can take them all on and win.

MK

I'm just wondering if the LAC who brandished his weapon did not get the situation under control or the 20 or so teen's had turned on him, would he have been able to lawfully defend himself with lethal force?

Well, there was a recent incident in Florida where a male jogger was deemed justified in shooting an 18 year old who assaulted him with fists. He was an older man and some people are angry that he didn't defend himself with his fists since he was initially up against fists. Who knows if the older gentleman is proficient in hand to hand combat amd if he has a chance in hell against a younger, stronger aggressor. Should he have to wait until the other man is grappling with him and strangling him or wait until he is knocked unconcious and then have a blade taken to his limp body before he makes that decision? Apparently there are some delusional people out there that think so.

There is also a case of a fellow OC carrier in Wisconsin that was up against two inebriated men with violent histories that attacked him on the street and he's been charged with the murder of one of them as well as other charges in relation to his succesful self defense. He is also in a local enviroment where the authorities and some political activists are waging a war against self defense with the use of firearms despite the fact that he was legally able to do so under state laws.

So much of this stuff can depend on the local authorities, their politics and their own personal beliefs as well as who the party is that initiated the attacks. If you defend yourself against the kinfolk of the local mayor or sheriff or wealthy business owner who with his friends started pummeling you with bricks, you may have a hard time in your attempts to justify it legally. Eyewitnesses, criminal history, and a litany of factors can come into play.

The most important thing in my opinion is to save your life or the ones you love first and foremost.

That man in Texas, he name escapes me, who in a well publicized event took a shotgun to the burglars killing them as they were leaving his neighbor's residence with their loot was never charged. In a state such as Maryland or New York, he would have for sure been charged with something, possibly murder. In an extremely liberal county in his home state of Texas, he could have been charged as well.

Kirbinator

That man in Texas, he name escapes me, who in a well publicized event took a shotgun to the burglars killing them as they were leaving his neighbor's residence with their loot was never charged. In a state such as Maryland or New York, he would have for sure been charged with something, possibly murder. In an extremely liberal county in his home state of Texas, he could have been charged as well.

The only reason why he got away with that one is because the burglar turned to face him....

KansasMustang

Im sorry but.... did say anything negative towards the marine or his wife....at ALL?

The only thing i can think of is that i said we dont know if the couple were rude or racist, i entered it in a possibility for people to ponder while mulling over this story.

are you saying because i dont hate black people that im automatically in cahoots with these criminals or something?? I responded to that guys post in this thread NOT because i thought the marine "deserved it" but because i didnt feel that every black person was at fault just because of the actions of a few.

I think its YOU who needs to get a grip on reality and also better reading comprehension because i never implied in any way, shape or form that what this group of criminals did was ok. I never said that the man who ran for his gun was wrong.

In the end, i think you are just peeved that someone is standing up for minorities. I honestly cant see anything from my posts that would lead an intelligent, articulate person to believe that i think these people deserved to be beaten by a group of thugs.

Are you trying to say that I hate black people? Did I even imply such? I served 25 years in the US Army with men and women from all walks of life and most US states and territories. I did not try to imply that you had anything against the Marine nor his wife, just that the person who went after his pistol probably saved the couples lives.

In the end you're just like most liberals that say "Some of my best friends are,," What makes you think that you are "standing up for minorities" and that you even have to. Did I say that "all black people are supportive of this activity" ??? I think not. Like I said,,rethink you're responses before you type it. I'm not peeved about anything.

Claytron

Are you trying to say that I hate black people? Did I even imply such? I served 25 years in the US Army with men and women from all walks of life and most US states and territories. I did not try to imply that you had anything against the Marine nor his wife, just that the person who went after his pistol probably saved the couples lives.

In the end you're just like most liberals that say "Some of my best friends are,," What makes you think that you are "standing up for minorities" and that you even have to. Did I say that "all black people are supportive of this activity" ??? I think not. Like I said,,rethink you're responses before you type it. I'm not peeved about anything.

You didnt try to imply i had anything against the marine or his wife? You implied that I felt the marine deserved it and that the "back community" is just a victim. You are just trying to put a spin on it, typical for people who have no real intelligent points to make. I simply brought up the IDEA (oh god, differing ideas, someone get the bible out I need saving) that we didnt know the whole story. Unfortunately on this forum, simply spreading ideas that differ form the majority seem to make people incredibly insecure for some reason.

"In the end you are like most liberals....." Ahh and now your real ignorance shows through! Im not liberal, in fact i dont label myself at all when it comes to politics because i might become like the mindless drones who go around basing their entire opinion on whatever ******** party any individual likes to think they represent.

I dont blame you though, for some reason it seems that people your age are just IMPOSSIBLY and ignorantly stubborn. "You cant teach an old dog new tricks" the same way you cant re-educate an old man with his head up his rear.

Have a good one though and enjoy your day

bushwacker

the man is right about that getto attitude tho. I have been in other places in the world and found that blacks in different countrys are mostly people that just try to make it from day to day and don't mind doing hard work to do it . but i also find that blacks form other countries do not like blacks from the u.s. some countries can't even stand american blacks and i have asked them why and they say that it is the attitude. hummm that says something when your own race in the world don't like ya which is to bad cause i have some blacks friends that are pretty good people and they don't suscribe to that getto attitude .their productive and have gone above what is really holding the black american back .....recycled getto attitude ... don't believe me ...just ask an african , english black . even nigerians, dominicans or others however , it doesn't matter if the couple were rude or racist ( which looking I don't think that he would put his woman in that kind of danger and he just came back from service where all races depend on each other and are trainer to curb any racist thought ) remember it is not against the law to hate in this country but it is against the law to harm ,which is what happened to this couple

bushwacker

The only reason why he got away with that one is because the burglar turned to face him....

not just that but the burglars were violent crimminals from el salvadore and had been deported from us for violent crimes but came back , that and people petitioned in favor of the home owner and now the real reason ...the plain clothes detective that showed up was hiding behind his unmarked car so not to be mistaken as one of the perps (so he says) he was there in front of the mans house and could have identified himself and possibally prevented loss of life before shots were fired. that would look bad on the city of pasadena tx if the home owner was prosecuted and questions were raised, and now cause of that we have the right to protect neighbors property from events like this

bomber

the man is right about that getto attitude tho. I have been in other places in the world and found that blacks in different countrys are mostly people that just try to make it from day to day and don't mind doing hard work to do it . but i also find that blacks form other countries do not like blacks from the u.s. some countries can't even stand american blacks and i have asked them why and they say that it is the attitude. hummm that says something when your own race in the world don't like ya which is to bad cause i have some blacks friends that are pretty good people and they don't suscribe to that getto attitude .their productive and have gone above what is really holding the black american back .....recycled getto attitude ... don't believe me ...just ask an african , english black . even nigerians, dominicans or others however , it doesn't matter if the couple were rude or racist ( which looking I don't think that he would put his woman in that kind of danger and he just came back from service where all races depend on each other and are trainer to curb any racist thought ) remember it is not against the law to hate in this country but it is against the law to harm ,which is what happened to this couple

maybe its because the blacks here in the US were brought here on slaveships, beaten into submission, raped, murdered, lynched and then banished to the ghettos, unlike your enlightened negro friends from across the ocean.

not saying that american blacks are right, but the groups of people you are comparing are not starting with the same hand.

Eagle-Six

Craziness

maybe its because the blacks here in the US were brought here on slaveships, beaten into submission, raped, murdered, lynched and then banished to the ghettos, unlike your enlightened negro friends from across the ocean.

not saying that american blacks are right, but the groups of people you are comparing are not starting with the same hand.

First off, I cant stand the "you owe me something" attitude for something that happened years ago that I had no control over. That does not give them a different starting block. This is 2011! This day and age its a matter of choice. Otherwise, with that way of thinking there would be no successful african american at all.

Secondly, What got all this "black people" stuff going. I've seen white people in the ghetto. I have seen of white people being violent to one another. It doesnt matter race or gender, what matters is how the parents raised their kids.

I OC in the Hopkinsville area every chance I get, If ever the situation arises for me to defend myself, my family, or fellow citizen, I will without second thought. I fought in Afghanistan and Iraq for my country, I will gladly do it on home soil as well!!

Last edited:

eye95

Ah, I get it, the definition of a man is the group he belongs to and what has happened to other and previous members of the group. I am fully enlightened now.

M

McX

attacked at the movies. only thing i can think of is how art imitates life.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Secondly, What got all this "black people" stuff going. I've seen white people in the ghetto. I have seen of white people being violent to one another. It doesnt matter race or gender, what matters is how the parents raised their kids.

This is not false, but you're ignoring a couple of things.

You're ignoring pervasive incentives to anti-societal behavior. (See drug prohibition and its results.)

You're ignoring the fact that poor parents often come from poor parents, who come from poor parents, who... And the fact that the perpetuation of this chain of poor parenting is also a result of specific government-induced incentives (namely, that of perceived benefits to dealing drugs etc than to finishing school etc).

I'm not saying that being born a poor black guarantees a specific outcome, but it should be obvious that systemic tendencies are more than the collective results of individual failure.

What I am saying is that, if we cared, we could work to change the incentives placed upon such communities, and do so in a way beneficial to our own liberty & defense thereof; namely, ending drug prohibition.

Last edited:

Heartless_Conservative

Huh, I was totally unaware that people of African lineage possessed such remarkable genetic memory. Thanks for pointing that out! Although you conveniently forgot to mention that someone "banished to the ghetto" in the U.S. still enjoys a significantly higher standard of living than a lot of those "enlightened negroes" living across the ocean. Or are you saying that the media has been covering up all the starvation and lack of potable water that is afflicting our inner city areas?

Claytron

Huh, I was totally unaware that people of African lineage possessed such remarkable genetic memory. Thanks for pointing that out! Although you conveniently forgot to mention that someone "banished to the ghetto" in the U.S. still enjoys a significantly higher standard of living than a lot of those "enlightened negroes" living across the ocean. Or are you saying that the media has been covering up all the starvation and lack of potable water that is afflicting our inner city areas?

If you arent going to reach as far as to compare white people in the US to white people suffering in poverty then why make the comparison for blacks? Me and you sit here on this little forum reading trendy and exciting little self defense stories and arguing about technicalities about laws and policies..... but you forgot to mention that none of it matters because there are other white people suffering somewhere.

Thats how it works right? As long as someone else has it worse than nobody has room to complain?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
just an FYI - I live 15 minutes from that movie theater in bradenton, and this is the first i'm hearing of a person with a gun...

It never happens in the good neighborhoods.

BS.

It happens there MORE; it just doesn't get reported.

I've lived in the worst parts of town, in every town I've lived in. Never had trouble except when going to the 'good' parts of town...