• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Picnic at Garfield Park in Grand Rapids 7/13.

Yance

The weather is finally getting nicer and we are making our way into the great outdoors. Come join Michigan Open Carry, Inc for an open carry picnic at Garfield Park in Grand Rapids, this event is open to the public and you do not need to be a member to attend and the carry of a firearm openly or concealed is not required. As always children and family are welcomed.

If you have never open carried before and were curious this is a great chance to experience it for the first time or to ask questions from people who have plenty of experience doing it. Members of Michigan Open Carry, Inc leadership will be in attendance to answer any questions that you have.

There is a disc golf course located at the park so if you disc golf bring your discs and play a few rounds!

Details are as follows:

When: Sunday July, 13 2014
Where: Garfield Park 334 Burton St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507 (parking is on Burton St.)
Time: 11am-3pm

If you have any questions feel free to email events@miopencarry.org

Raggs

good turnout

Despite the rocky start there was a good turnout for the picnic. The picture doesn't have everyoe in it.

vnc9z6.jpg

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Hey - I had some friends there (in the back row). Well done everyone. Oddly enough no felony prone stops from GRPD? They may be getting it....