• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Area OC Meet, Greet, and Event Discussion, 1st of ea. month

drew9

Lol, yeah it was a good meet. Traffic did suck though, it was a nightmare just trying to get back to the interstate. Originally we were looking at Cracker Barrel, but I don't think we expected the turnout that we got. I know that it was iffy if I was going to make it or not. So maybe we can do that next time. Or we can figure out when we're wanting to do the next range meet and plan around that

Traffic was horrible. It took forever to get from the gun shop to 85. I'm down for cracker barrel or something else. A range outing would be cool too. I need to build up my supply of 9mm so I can actually do some shooting.

ArmySoldier22

Alright, it's almost time for our next meet. Anybody have any ideas on where to go? I know finding places is hard, especially finding someplace new because..well.. there aren't many restaurants outside of fast food that we can eat at. However, if somebody has the yard space and a grill that wants to volunteer their space, I think it's a great time of the year for an Open Carry BBQ. If we all brought just a little bit, even if it's just enough to feed one person, then we'd be doing pretty good on food and it wouldn't cost anymore than going to a restaurant, probably even less. I'd volunteer my place, but I live in a small apartment on the 3rd floor, so no place to BBQ :p. If anybody would be interested, just reply!

MadGunner420

New Guy

Hey guys Im new to the forum and would love to get involved with some meet and eats, or shoots. My name is Trey and I live just outside of charlotte in Pineville NC. I guess I will keep my eyes open for next meet info. How many people show up for meets? in general? anyways nice to meet yall

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
Are we talking about April 7th?

Alright, it's almost time for our next meet. Anybody have any ideas on where to go? I know finding places is hard, especially finding someplace new because..well.. there aren't many restaurants outside of fast food that we can eat at. However, if somebody has the yard space and a grill that wants to volunteer their space, I think it's a great time of the year for an Open Carry BBQ. If we all brought just a little bit, even if it's just enough to feed one person, then we'd be doing pretty good on food and it wouldn't cost anymore than going to a restaurant, probably even less. I'd volunteer my place, but I live in a small apartment on the 3rd floor, so no place to BBQ :p. If anybody would be interested, just reply!

ArmySoldier22 -- are we talking about 4/7?

Have we ever held a meet at R&R BBQ? The one in Harrisburg closed down but the one on Pitts School Road is still going strong and I'm pretty sure they don't serve any alcohol. View attachment cmenu.pdf

If not R&R, then I guess I could host it at my house. It isn't the greatest place and I don't have the biggest grill but I have a pretty big yard.

ArmySoldier22

ArmySoldier22 -- are we talking about 4/7?

Have we ever held a meet at R&R BBQ? The one in Harrisburg closed down but the one on Pitts School Road is still going strong and I'm pretty sure they don't serve any alcohol. View attachment 8167

If not R&R, then I guess I could host it at my house. It isn't the greatest place and I don't have the biggest grill but I have a pretty big yard.

Yep, 4/7. And no we haven't, I haven't even heard of them. Which is weird, because I like BBQ places lol. I'll call them up to double check the no alcohol thing. Thanks for offering your place too if it doesn't work out. If R&R works out, we can talk about planning a real BBQ somewhere during the meet so it's not so rushed.

On another point, does anybody have the updated open carry pamphlet that dreamer worked on? I wouldn't mind getting ahold of one to make copies of, and we have someone new that might be showing up that was interested in some.

ArmySoldier22

Hey guys Im new to the forum and would love to get involved with some meet and eats, or shoots. My name is Trey and I live just outside of charlotte in Pineville NC. I guess I will keep my eyes open for next meet info. How many people show up for meets? in general? anyways nice to meet yall

Welcome to the area Trey, always good to see new people around. On average, we get between 5-13 people at a meet. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but lately that's what our numbers have been.

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
On another point, does anybody have the updated open carry pamphlet that dreamer worked on? I wouldn't mind getting ahold of one to make copies of, and we have someone new that might be showing up that was interested in some.

I took one to OfficeDepot and had 100 copies made. I think I've still got around 50 or so.

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
I'll see if my Father will ensure that our propane tanks are topped off and ask him if we can have it here. Ya'll meet up somewhere, go shopping for the food, and split the bill evenly. I'll have my own food here at the house seeing as I'm on a special diet. I'll come along for the shopping trip just for the sake of oc'ing with the group. How's that sound? we can set the grill up down at the dock and cookout at the lake here in Mooresville.

ArmySoldier22

I'll see if my Father will ensure that our propane tanks are topped off and ask him if we can have it here. Ya'll meet up somewhere, go shopping for the food, and split the bill evenly. I'll have my own food here at the house seeing as I'm on a special diet. I'll come along for the shopping trip just for the sake of oc'ing with the group. How's that sound? we can set the grill up down at the dock and cookout at the lake here in Mooresville.

That sounds like a great idea to me. A group OC shopping trip lol, that's awesome.

Shimmer

Sounds like a plan. Any ranges nearby to round out the day, or we just going to do a BBQ and sit around and talk. As an aside, anyone who's going enjoy cigars?

Shimmer

Yeah, we could do something like that and put off the meet at my house until the lake is warm enough to swim in. BTW my father says he has no problems with us meeting here.

Game for whatever, personally. I'll let one of you lot decide, since I'm driving down. Doesn't really matter much to me.

NC-Heel

Yeah, we could do something like that and put off the meet at my house until the lake is warm enough to swim in. BTW my father says he has no problems with us meeting here.
I didn't know you were talking about the April meet. I was thinking about the other thread where you told the Mooresville guy later in the summer.

drew9

I didn't know you were talking about the April meet. I was thinking about the other thread where you told the Mooresville guy later in the summer.

I'm game either way, but if we are having it at your place caliber I guess we all could bring something.

drew9

It doesn't make a dern bit of difference to me, I'd figure yall would want to wait untill it's warm enough to swim. Plus by then I'll have both the boats fixed.

I'm honestly not much of a swimmer(Cant take the gun in the water. Kidding, kidding...) so that doesnt really bother me. So if we are voting I will say Caliber's place. Probably easier on the wallet for him, and all of us, hehe.

weebus

new

so where and when is the april meet? i want to attend. and off topic but is there a range i can use that i dont have to be a member to use?

drew9

so where and when is the april meet? i want to attend. and off topic but is there a range i can use that i dont have to be a member to use?

There is a number of ranges. I dont know where you are located, but theres Eagle guns in concord, shooters express in belmont/gastonia, and the sportsman in rock hill. I prefer the sportsman because its ten bucks for an hour if you use your own gun and ammo, and up to two persons per lane. Shooters express is 12.50 for half hour with your own gun/ammo, and cant remember eagle's rates.

ArmySoldier22

Don't think we've decided for sure on where the next meets going to be. There's a chance that I won't be there, but I don't know yet. I start a new job this Saturday, so we'll see how the scheduling goes after this weekend. I think it's a good idea to wait on LCK's place, especially since he mentioned having a boat ready later on this summer, so I'll vote for the BBQ place. For now, I'm going to say I'll be there, but it could change.