• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut Carry - If you have called DESPP/DPS/SPBI...

IH8SPM

I feel a bit stupid reading that. Sounds like the decided the 50 fee is indeed manditory.

Winning is losing it just depends on the point of view. The process of becoming educated means one must be taught and tested to become educated????? Hold on there Monday is fast approaching.

HWilliams

Winning is losing it just depends on the point of view. The process of becoming educated means one must be taught and tested to become educated????? Hold on there Monday is fast approaching.

I believe the state police secretary is in today. Going to stop by on way to range to see what she says since she didn't return my call.

dcmdon

I believe the state police secretary is in today. Going to stop by on way to range to see what she says since she didn't return my call.

Harold - Just a suggestion. Never leave specific phone messages requesting a response to a potentially unpleasant topic. People don't call you back. Instead, be pleasant, even upbeat, and vague.

If your message had simply said, "I have a question for Trooper X, please ask him/her to call me when he/she can", you would have gotten a response.

Don

HWilliams

Harold - Just a suggestion. Never leave specific phone messages requesting a response to a potentially unpleasant topic. People don't call you back. Instead, be pleasant, even upbeat, and vague.

If your message had simply said, "I have a question for Trooper X, please ask him/her to call me when he/she can", you would have gotten a response.

Don

Yeah good call. Its all an intimidating process.

rt1983

Well m local PD finally got all the information after, by my count, 6 weeks and it is because I kept calling and checking on info, sometimes 3 times a day, I called spbi, got all my dates and information, then my local PD never received the state check which they by law don't even need, and now that they have it, told me that I have to wait a few more weeks because of more phantom paperwork, they are beyond the limit of time after receiving the federal background check by 2.5 weeks maybe even 3 actually.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Don

That's why I don't get any responses...lol .. I'm too old to change :(

dcmdon

re test please ignore.

Yeah the thread seems to be screwed up. I get the email updates, but the web site doesn't seem to updats. Strange.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect it is a thread indexing issue but I am waiting for an answer from vBulletin support. It seems to have caught up now. I will keep investigating.

HWilliams

OK, so gave SPBI another shot but this time I asked for the records department. I got no hassle and was asked if I had the check number which I did not. Instead I provided name, town, and DOB and was given the date my background check was sent back to my issuing authority.

IH8SPM

OK, so gave SPBI another shot but this time I asked for the records department. I got no hassle and was asked if I had the check number which I did not. Instead I provided name, town, and DOB and was given the date my background check was sent back to my issuing authority.

That's the only department I found to have been helpful. Did you speak to the lady that gives a story as to why she doesn't give her name? Glad to hear the prints were sent back. This ONCE again proves there is no backlog.

rt1983

Yep those are the nicest people I have dealt with as well, and time after time they told me no backlog right after the person answering the phone said there was!

HWilliams

That's the only department I found to have been helpful. Did you speak to the lady that gives a story as to why she doesn't give her name? Glad to hear the prints were sent back. This ONCE again proves there is no backlog.

I didn't ask her name cause she was so nice. She sounded like the smoker lady from Beetle juice lol. She did state right after that all background checks were running on time though.

IH8SPM

I didn't ask her name cause she was so nice. She sounded like the smoker lady from Beetle juice lol. She did state right after that all background checks were running on time though.

The ball is your court. I am sure that Rich and others have already told yo what you need to do next(choice). Every time I read your post it reminds me of ME.:D

HWilliams

The ball is your court. I am sure that Rich and others have already told yo what you need to do next(choice). Every time I read your post it reminds me of ME.:D

She gave me the date my background was sent back to issuing authority so I'm good for know to.more forward. Rich has been awesome.

HWilliams

She gave me the date my background was sent back to issuing authority so I'm good for know to.more forward. Rich has been awesome.

Well, life does get in the way of this process sometimes (work and vacation), but I thought I'd post my update so far for other readers. After getting word my national check was sent back to the issuing authority on the 21st by SPBI, I followed up with my issuing authority about 2 weeks later as I was out of town on business/vacation. I was contacted back on the 5th of this month and told they were processing my application and that it needed to go through many hands (I was shucked out of saying well you only have a week to make a decision). At this point today, its been a verified week since they have had my background check and they called me today to request a disposition for an arrest in 2000 the FBI report had sent back. Now, I did not leave this off my application and marked yes for arrested, but stated I could not find any records on it. Whats fishy to me is if I was convicted, wouldn't that show up on the background check? The court where I went for this is in such a small town you have to leave a message on the Judge's home phone (which I did) because there is really no town hall (and the town clerks you have to call their homes as well). Appeal paperwork is being next day FedExed today regardless of how this pans out. God only knows how much longer this process might take, but I guess they feel they need to investigate that arrest a bit further before making their decision.

IH8SPM

I feel your pain. I like many others have experienced this bs. Look at the positive you went on vacation (thought about your permit the whole time) and had a great time. I'm no expert but they should be in contact with you or you contacting them.

Keep up the fight!