• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please don't bump up spam threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye95

This is just a request. Please don't say I am infringing on your right to free speech.

Bumped threads cause people to open forums only to find out that there is nothing really there. Some will open the thread and foolishly click on the links. Some of these links contain information on the site where they were posted--which invites more spam, just by clicking on the link!

So, please, don't click the links and don't bump the threads. Just report them and let the staff handle it. They are quite good at it. Frankly, this is the longest I've seen a spam thread hang around.

Thanks.

Coded-Dude

reported.

just kidding, thats usually what I post when I see one so others will know to report and or ignore.

eye95

reported.

just kidding, thats usually what I post when I see one so others will know to report and or ignore.

Oh, yeah? Well I just reported YOU! :p

Any bump, even a notification of a report, increases the chance that someone will click the link. I suggest just letting the thread slip down the index until the mods get it.

JMO. Folks are free to do what they wish.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Deer freind,
I have large corporation account that must move to USA. If you would kindly help me transfer said funds to your country I can make you most lucrative offer.

Now this thread has spam in it too....

bump
bump!

:lol:

eye95

Deer freind,
I have large corporation account that must move to USA. If you would kindly help me transfer said funds to your country I can make you most lucrative offer.

Now this thread has spam in it too....

bump
bump!

:lol:

Really? What's the offer? I am interested in helping you and making some coin. Should I Western Union you some money?

END_THE_FED

I was just contacted by a widow in a small African country. She has inherited millions from her dead husband, but the bank will not release the funds until certain charges are paid.
All she wants to do is borrow 10k for the bank fees, and she will pay me a million dollars. What a sucker! doesn't she know that pretty much any bank would loan her the money at a much lower interest rate? I am going to hurry send her the money before she figures that out.
Anyone want to go in with me on this?
I am going to use the money to buy some lovely swampland in Florida.

eye95

I would recommend against bumping the thread, even to announce that you have reported the post. Just report the post.

eye95

Unfortunately, some spam links cause the url of this board to be transmitted to the spam site every time the link is clicked. This makes our site the target of even more spam. Whatever the entertainment value, the spam should not be tolerated, bumped, or clicked.

1245A Defender

Cant you EVER just be quiet???

This is just a request. Please don't say I am infringing on your right to free speech.

Bumped threads cause people to open forums only to find out that there is nothing really there. Some will open the thread and foolishly click on the links. Some of these links contain information on the site where they were posted--which invites more spam, just by clicking on the link!

So, please, don't click the links and don't bump the threads. Just report them and let the staff handle it. They are quite good at it. Frankly, this is the longest I've seen a spam thread hang around.

Thanks.

Oh, yeah? Well I just reported YOU! :p

Any bump, even a notification of a report, increases the chance that someone will click the link. I suggest just letting the thread slip down the index until the mods get it.

JMO. Folks are free to do what they wish.

Really? What's the offer? I am interested in helping you and making some coin. Should I Western Union you some money?

I would recommend against bumping the thread, even to announce that you have reported the post. Just report the post.

Unfortunately, some spam links cause the url of this board to be transmitted to the spam site every time the link is clicked. This makes our site the target of even more spam. Whatever the entertainment value, the spam should not be tolerated, bumped, or clicked.

this is post no. 12 in a thread you started about not bumping spam threads.
How dumb is that ,, starting a spam thread about bumping spam threads!
5 of these posts are from you!
please,, every one just stop,, OK???
and eye95 especially,, stop first!!!

END_THE_FED

.........starting a spam thread about bumping spam threads!.............

How is this a spam thread? He is not selling or advertising a product or service.
The last post he made had a very good point. When you click a link in a spam thread you are telling the spammers that it is an active board and they are getting "hits" that will encourage them to post more links on that board. They will also share/sell this info with others and that will also subject that board to more spam.

An additional warning, clicking on such links may result in your computer being infected with malware.

1245A Defender

oookkk,,,

the fed is right,,,,, im sorry
im just tired of seeing eye making every other post, in just about every thread.
maybe im just rude.
i try not to post unless i actually have something new and important to add to the discussion.
some folks post every time there is a blank space available.
even if they admit they dont know the law or experiance with a question or a fact.

eye95

How is this a spam thread? He is not selling or advertising a product or service.
The last post he made had a very good point. When you click a link in a spam thread you are telling the spammers that it is an active board and they are getting "hits" that will encourage them to post more links on that board. They will also share/sell this info with others and that will also subject that board to more spam.

An additional warning, clicking on such links may result in your computer being infected with malware.

I am not concerned. There is a reason I no longer read what he writes.

since9

Campaign Veteran
this is post no. 12 in a thread you started about not bumping spam threads.
How dumb is that ,, starting a spam thread about bumping spam threads!
5 of these posts are from you!
please,, every one just stop,, OK???
and eye95 especially,, stop first!!!

True, but this thread is obviously so crucial to national security, so...

CharleyMarbles

but I need to get my post count up and posting to stuff that I know nothing about or that I have no experiance in helps me accomplish this ???? How is a guy supposed to get recognized as a post whore if he don't post???

EYE this is NOT directed at you in any way just couldn't help myself LOL :) :) :)

Coded-Dude

images

sorry...couldn't resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.