• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Uwharrie

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
There was a guy Ocing at Uwharrie off road trails.

Is it bad that i didn't go out of my way to tell him that he CAN NOT carry there unless its hunting season.( unless unless its a 12ga or a .22)(cause i could not catch up with him)

Last edited:

sultan62

Ah. As I pointed out in another thread, I disagree with the Commission's interpretation of the statutes from which they draw their authority. Given the rest of the language in the statute, I don't believe that a gun ban could be considered 'reasonable.'

.40 Cal

State Researcher
To the OP

It is our duty to inform those who do not know the law... but at the same time we should know the laws before we go out and carry anywhere. I am a firm believer in the idea that if you don't know the rules you can't play the game.

sultan62

It is our duty to inform those who do not know the law... but at the same time we should know the laws before we go out and carry anywhere. I am a firm believer in the idea that if you don't know the rules you can't play the game.

It's not our duty to inform, it's our duty to BE informed. Just as it was the guy in Uwharrie's duty to be informed. If you find yourself in a situation where you observe someone unknowingly breaking the law, it is certainly nice to inform them if it is reasonably practical to do so, but the responsibility belongs to the one engaging in the activity, not the observer.

smlawrence

It's not our duty to inform, it's our duty to BE informed. Just as it was the guy in Uwharrie's duty to be informed. If you find yourself in a situation where you observe someone unknowingly breaking the law, it is certainly nice to inform them if it is reasonably practical to do so, but the responsibility belongs to the one engaging in the activity, not the observer.

+1

chiefjason

How about when the public comment period comes up next fall for the NCWRC we hammer them with emails asking to change it?

Preble, folks will argue with you about it and might blow you off. And to be honest, although it's the law it seems to be enforced rather hit or miss. So it's worth a mention if you get the chance, but not worth an argument. Are you sure it was not a .22? I've kicked around the idea of getting a .22 conversion for my Glock for this and cheap shooting.

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
How about when the public comment period comes up next fall for the NCWRC we hammer them with emails asking to change it?

Preble, folks will argue with you about it and might blow you off. And to be honest, although it's the law it seems to be enforced rather hit or miss. So it's worth a mention if you get the chance, but not worth an argument. Are you sure it was not a .22? I've kicked around the idea of getting a .22 conversion for my Glock for this and cheap shooting.

Yeah i'm sure it was a full size, made sure i looked at the barrel size before I even thought about it.

I was going to say something, but it was to late cause I was Riding the trails and he was watching everyone ride. and we got in a traffic jam and he got to far away....

I fell kinda bad about it...but not really...

man .22 are cheap you can almost buy a whole new .22 for what one of them Kits cost.
I bought a GSG 1911 for like 300$