• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Grand Rapids!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
He should have started by killing himself rather than taking those innocent people with him. I hope the family is able to recover and my thoughts are with them.

lil_freak_66

i think him killing himself is the best option he had,compared to jail or a cop shooting him....suicide is the cheapest,easiest and quickest option available for him after what he did.

DanM

suicide is the cheapest,easiest and quickest option available for him after what he did.

As a taxpayer footing the bills for trials and incarceration, it's the cheapest option for me as well. It's also the only option that is 100% effective at stopping recidivism. I applaud him for exercising this option.

HKcarrier

comment from my local news rag... "Just another one of our fine citizens out exercising their 2A rights"...

What is amazing is that far, far too many people (read: libtards) make no designation between law abiding gun owners and murderous felon criminals.

Personally, I think you've got to be pretty mentally ill (as many libtards are) to see things in that type of way. To equate gun owners to murderers. To see animals lives as more important than human lives. To think it's ok to leech off tax payers but if you don't want to be leeched off of then you're a terrible person. Etc.

But I digress.

This is a terrible happening and my thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims and the family of the POS.

M-Taliesin

Just WOW if only one of his victims had been armed......

Howdy Sheldon!
Yesah, and if that armed citizen had resided in the first house, the killer would never have shown up at the second house. Body count cut right in half!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Haman J.T.

Howdy Sheldon!
Yesah, and if that armed citizen had resided in the first house, the killer would never have shown up at the second house. Body count cut right in half!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
I always point out the unarmed defenseless victims in 99.9% of the news reports. It always evades the brain dead libtards comprehension,like they're just plain stupid!
Prayers of comfort for those who lost loved ones!

Sheldon

comment from my local news rag... "Just another one of our fine citizens out exercising their 2A rights"...

What is amazing is that far, far too many people (read: libtards) make no designation between law abiding gun owners and murderous felon criminals.

Personally, I think you've got to be pretty mentally ill (as many libtards are) to see things in that type of way. To equate gun owners to murderers. To see animals lives as more important than human lives. To think it's ok to leech off tax payers but if you don't want to be leeched off of then you're a terrible person. Etc.

But I digress.

This is a terrible happening and my thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims and the family of the POS.

You should point out to them that as a ex con he was committing a felony simply being in possession of a gun plus each round he had was an separate offence.....

Quick count, gun thats one, 2 mags with lets say 18 rounds each (36 counts), 7 murders, two attempted, mutiple shots at police officers, eluding, reckless endangerment, speeding, drugs (news report said he did some coke n booze to get jacked up for his run), 3 counts of kidnapping, how many felonies is that now.....

So tell me again just how more gun laws could have prevented this???

Last edited:

Sheldon

They got it right...

in the local rag no less....

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/...ice-say-ex-con-used-stolen-gun-during-rampage

Police say ex-con used stolen gun during rampage

GRAND RAPIDS -- A 34-year-old ex-con whose criminal past barred him from owning firearms used a stolen .40-caliber handgun to kill seven people and wound two others before taking his own life, a Grand Rapids police official said.

Investigators are trying to figure out what motivated Rodrick Dantzler to kill two former girlfriends, his 12-year-old daughter and four others related to them on Thursday, police Capt. Jeffrey Hertel said.

Dantzler wounded two other people and took three hostages before freeing them and shooting himself, police said.

The gun he used was stolen from a home in western Michigan's Kent County, which includes Grand Rapids, Hertel said.

The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is working to trace the gun's history, The Grand Rapids Press reported Sunday.

Dantzler has a criminal record dating back to a 1992 juvenile arrest for burglary, and his mother and at least three other women have sought protective orders against him, according to records.

So real quick just how would more gun control laws have helped????