• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped at Gunpoint by Grand Blanc PD, back to the bricks (motorcycle OC)

kyleplusitunes

Was pulled over on my bike by grand blanc pd two nights ago for OCing on my bike, held at gunpoint by two officers who disarmed me, hands up, carrying a kimber eclipse pro target 2, told them I was really disappointed they felt the need to draw on someone who was not a threat, and I told them I hope crooks don't carry 1,300 dollar weapons.

They got progressively cooler though the 10 minute stop, eventually started complimenting my bike.

Officer tried to hand my pistol back to me, I told him no thanks and made him re-arm me.

He did say to keep my hands up once I was disarmed, he "would hate to have to shoot me with my own pistol"

Grand blanc's finest, in flint city limits.

Bubba72

i think stopping you at gun poitn was a LITTLE overboard......and why is grand blanc stopping in FLINT city limits, thought there were jurisditions on LEO's?

nice choice of a hand gun......O! and nice bike....lol

Michigander

i think stopping you at gun poitn was a LITTLE overboard......and why is grand blanc stopping in FLINT city limits, thought there were jurisditions on LEO's?

Never looked into it, but I believe going by the description that as I recall Autosurgeon provided, that a cop in Michigan can enforce state law anywhere in the state. In fact, I know of a bunch of cities who have agreements with each other about crossing over into each others city limits, and I'd find it hard to believe that as royally effed as Flint is financially, that they wouldn't eagerly encourage other PD's to patrol their jurisdiction.

SpringerXDacp

nice choice of a hand gun......O! and nice bike....lol

All local agencies such Grand Blanc, City of Flint, Flint Twp, and Burton PD's along with MSP, to help control all the fights, flash mobs, CCW's, DUI's, careless and reckless driving violations, to name a few, for the Back To The Bricks event. To include those pesky OC'ers BTW.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
Was pulled over on my bike by grand blanc pd two nights ago for OCing on my bike, held at gunpoint by two officers who disarmed me, hands up, carrying a kimber eclipse pro target 2, told them I was really disappointed they felt the need to draw on someone who was not a threat, and I told them I hope crooks don't carry 1,300 dollar weapons.

They got progressively cooler though the 10 minute stop, eventually started complimenting my bike.

Officer tried to hand my pistol back to me, I told him no thanks and made him re-arm me.

He did say to keep my hands up once I was disarmed, he "would hate to have to shoot me with my own pistol"

Grand blanc's finest, in flint city limits.
names? audio/video? was the gun the ONLY reason they stopped you? sounds like they need a constitution refresher course. it's really great when officers threaten to kill you when you have made no threat to them. stellar.

Last edited:

ScottE

I think I would file a complaint and question their processes. Pulling their guns on a person that has done nothing wrong? Pretty sure that's not normal process in the country I live in.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
I think I would file a complaint and question their processes. Pulling their guns on a person that has done nothing wrong? Pretty sure that's not normal process in the country I live in.
one of the worst things about this stop was threatening the life of a peaceful citizen. that officer is guilty of assault.

Small_Arms_Collector

names? audio/video? was the gun the ONLY reason they stopped you? sounds like they need a constitution refresher course. it's really great when officers threaten to kill you when you have made no threat to them. stellar.

It sounds like they need an excessive force complaint filed against them with there internal affairs division.

Also a lawsuit against the individual officers, there supervisors, Grand Blanc, Flint, and MCOLES (who certified them).

Excessive Force
False Imprisonment
Color of Law violation
Slander, Defamation, and Libel (anyone driving by who saw the stop would have thought you were a criminal)
Emotional pain, and suffering
Civil Rights Violations under 18 USC
Punitive Damages

Just off the top of my head.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I've had cops point guns at me for a routine traffic stop (w/o carrying) ...

That's why you should carry 2 guns ... cops take 1 and figure that's all you have...then you can still have a chance to protect yourself.

SpringerXDacp

I've had cops point guns at me for a routine traffic stop (w/o carrying) ...

That's why you should carry 2 guns ... cops take 1 and figure that's all you have...then you can still have a chance to protect yourself.

*Sigh*

Just wondering, how would you explain the second firearm to the officer(s) while under a Terry for example, illegal stop or not? I wouldn't recommend anyone attempt this.

Michigander

Excessive Force

How about felonious assault?

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(us...leg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-750-82

750.82 Felonious assault; violation of subsection (1) in weapon free school zone; definitions.

Sec. 82.

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a person who assaults another person with a gun, revolver, pistol, knife, iron bar, club, brass knuckles, or other dangerous weapon without intending to commit murder or to inflict great bodily harm less than murder is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 4 years or a fine of not more than $2,000.00, or both.

(2) A person who violates subsection (1) in a weapon free school zone is guilty of a felony punishable by 1 or more of the following:

(a) Imprisonment for not more than 4 years.

(b) Community service for not more than 150 hours.

(c) A fine of not more than $6,000.00.

Last edited:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
*Sigh*

Just wondering, how would you explain the second firearm to the officer(s) while under a Terry for example, illegal stop or not? I wouldn't recommend anyone attempt this.

why would you need to explain the second firearm? once you've disclosed that you are a CPL holder and that you are carrying your official legal duty to do the officer's job for them ends.

Last edited:

kyleplusitunes

This is accurate, they pulled me over because of my gun, they said it was partially covered, thus concealed, I was carrying in a super tuck delux, with my shirt tucked behind it. They were not saying my super tuck concealed it, they said my shirt was partially over it.

I did not have audio running, and I did not get their names. Is there any way I can find out who made the stop, and get foia on the police audio?

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
yes, all you have to do to get the audio is go down to the PD and ask for it. i'm sure they will be happy to let you know what, if any, paperwork they will require to release it.

kyleplusitunes

Even if I don't know the officers who stopped me? No citation or paperwork was given, how do I find out how to get my audio? Would anyone be available to help me?

SpringerXDacp

why would you need to explain the second firearm? once you've disclosed that you are a CPL holder and that you are carrying your official legal duty to do the officer's job for them ends.

I understand what you're saying, but....

Lying to the officer(s) when asked if you have any weapons on your person and/or in the vehicle will only worsen your day when an additional weapon is found/located during a Terry, regardless if you think the stop was legal or not.

ScottE

I understand what you're saying, but....

Lying to the officer(s) when asked if you have any weapons on your person and/or in the vehicle will only worsen your day when an additional weapon is found/located during a Terry, regardless if you think the stop was legal or not.

I think if they removed your first gun, and didn't ask if you have any others, you'd legally be fine. If they asked if you had any other weapons on you, then you'd have to tell them about the second gun. But no where does it say you're supposed to volunteerly disarm or disclose you're carrying, only that you have a permit.