• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

youtube

lukaszu

Hey guys, sorry can't post a link but there is a new video about PD interaction is Aurora.... Someone with a shotgun.
Anyone seen it? Was it someone on here?

jackrockblc

Hey guys, sorry can't post a link but there is a new video about PD interaction is Aurora.... Someone with a shotgun.
Anyone seen it? Was it someone on here?

Hard to tell without more to go on. Every result is showing up with the Batman showing and James Holmes.

Do you have any more specific search terms on which to filter?

lukaszu

clues

Open you tube . Type open carry , then posted this week.
Posted by Steven Lohner
Run time 7:09
Starts off with the cop on camera from waist down.

jackrockblc

A news article went up on The Aurora Sentinel's website a few hours ago:

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/news/shotgun-armed-teen-charged-obstruction-aurora-open-carry-stop/

A cursory review of the Members List doesn't reveal any glaring results that he is a member here by looking in "S" and "L" usernames.

EDIT: And older post can be found here about this. The OP in that thread is a moron, but the follow-up comments in it are pretty applicable to the arguments this young man was making in the video.

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Here it is. And it's a lawsuit in the making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Gx73R3p1U

The frustrating thing is we have no way of knowing whether this is being addressed. Hopefully this LAW-ABIDING citizen gets a good settlement that includes getting these woefully undertrained Opinion Enforcement officers up to date on the law and the supposed purpose of their vocations

lukaszu

me

I'm seriously thinking about joining this kid for a walk about... This is how it all starts.

Dario

I'm seriously thinking about joining this kid for a walk about... This is how it all starts.

At the very least I hope this goes viral. On the one hand I can understand the cops concern (the kid looks really young) while on the other I'm impressed that he stood firm on his rights. State law doesn't allow any other form of carry for people 18-21 unless one was gifted a handgun by an immediate family member. Still, obstruction is such a bogus charge in this case I don't see how it could possibly stick.

lukaszu

fox news

Seen the report on YouTube and ones again fox proves they are garbage.
Just like when they reported the Thornton theater oc was arrested because his permit was from the wrong county.
So why was he "touting" .. why couldn't he carried or walking armed, seems choice of words are slanted right from the start.
Then the " police can as for ID when investigating possible crime".... Ahem... What crime?
For once can fox news do a fair report, with some facts and actual laws that apply to a situation at hand.

solus

1. I acknowledge 'for the most part' LEs can not demand id unless there is RAS.
2. I agree with another poster the young man looks exceptionally young.
3. I agree with the Aurora's PD spokesman,
a. they feel they have a legitimate concern to ascertain if someone who appears underage is carrying a firearm for some nefarious rationale.
b. the young adult has regularly tied up police resources by doing so.
4. I agree the video shows the responding officer is 'consistently being polite and apparently jovial.'

now why you are congratulating this young man for prancing around Aurora carrying a shotgun and having interaction from the APD just so he can get his jollies... not once, not twice, but by the young man's own admission quote ...more than dozen times.... unquote' in less than sixty days, is beyond me.

you disparage the officer's actions for writing a misdemeanor ticket for not even providing a name or his age. Well everyone, the young man is no longer considered a minor and as such must be held accountable as the 'adult'. Let us hope his caregivers can practice tough love and make the young man pay his own adult fines since he is accountable for generating the fine in the first place. however, i do not believe that is the case as someone coughed up the monies for the shotgun, police scanner, and video recorder for this young adult to get his 15 minutes of fame.

being an adult and purchasing a shotgun just so he can walk up and down the streets of Aurora quote He said he was once beat up in the area, and another time someone pointed a gun at him, so he likes to carry the weapon for protection. unquote sure sounds like premeditation as he prances around the same streets 'educating people'. sorry, if i got beat up 'once or someone pointed a gun at me, i sure as the devil wouldn't continue strolling through those neck of the woods.

finally, knowing Aurora the way i do, maybe once, or twice the locals will let this young man stroll through their turf, but a dozen of more times...nawllll, he will be the target of some gang member's initiation who will attempt/succeed to take out this young man...just cuz they can so they can get into their favorite gang. the young man's family will wonder why their son became yet another statistic and the police didn't protect their loved one.

either way, one hopes the caregiver takes control of their charge or the charge gets some training and maturity and realize they are either on the long path of adulthood or about to become a statistic.

ipse

Last edited:

Dario

being an adult and purchasing a shotgun just so he can walk up and down the streets of Aurora quote He said he was once beat up in the area, and another time someone pointed a gun at him, so he likes to carry the weapon for protection. unquote sure sounds like premeditation as he prances around the same streets 'educating people'. sorry, if i got beat up 'once or someone pointed a gun at me, i sure as the devil wouldn't continue strolling through those neck of the woods.

You can't be serious. There is so much wrong with this statement I don't know where to begin.

lukaszu

Solus

I'll make this quick since I'm taping away on my phone.
I would hope PD makes contact on every call, but I expect the police to follow the law in every case.
I have certainly been contacted by Thornton PD , Adams county sheriff dept and Lakewood.
I have sometimes provided my name and an ID when asked for. However sometimes that's not the end of it.
Sometimes it turns into lectures and some name calling/threats.
I provide my info when the officer is professional and polite this way I do not spend any more time with them then I have to.
Also I know many officers have families/kids thAt they just wanna get home to at the end of the day.

However
If you choose to identify your self that is a choice, we do not live in China or N Korea we do have certain laws that state what the government can and cannot do and without someone reminding our government of these laws from time to time they will be forgotten.
So, if he chose to walk down a public sidewalk if he chose to open carry if he chose to not identify himself....that is his choice and no-one should say he is wrong because that is exactly what freedom looks like.
And as for the pd being tied up, They chose to tie themselves up by taking way to much time and calling additional units.

In my opinion, that stop should have ended when kid replied for protection of me and those around me ...o and when he said he didn't want to be identified.
Police should have been like... Well no crime here, have wonderful day.
If he is capable or if he's gonna be a statistic walking into a gang terff, I don't know and nor do you.

solus

snip...
In my opinion,...snip

nuff said...like your opinion, mine is equal to yours.

this young man stated 'go ahead cite me for obstruction' which is what the officer did.

reiterating, i hope the young man's caregivers let HIM face the judge alone and make HIM pay the fine or serve the time instead of bailing him out. 'tis part of being an adult, isn't it?

ipse

solus

You can't be serious. There is so much wrong with this statement I don't know where to begin.

if there is no smiley face anywhere in the post, then Dario I guess I am serious...

and since you can't articulate the wrong, i guess we shall never know your thoughts on the subject.

ipse

solus

lukazsu, in hindsight, one further point on your last comment regarding your numerous encounters with LEs in the denver area...

I have over the last 20 years wandered, OC'g of course, throughout the colorado, wyoming, arizona, and the land time forgot regions and have never experienced an encounter with LE about my carrying a firearm. yet you profess multiple encounters and your comment seems to indicate in a reasonably short period of time.

if you ping the forum membership, i believe you will find the majority have had only 'limited' encounters w/LE who are concerned with OC'g activities.

have you ever given thought these encounters are not 'chance' and that you might be unintentionally encouraging these encounters ?

discerning what is generating these encounters could save yourself some grief as well as mitigate and relieve stress you are experiencing from having to constantly defend your 2A rights with the LEs who 'bother you'?

OC'g should be transparent within the community and not a hassle from constantly having to look over your shoulder if the LEs are going to 'talk' with you about your carrying.

ipse

JG_Buffalo

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...arry-advocate-arrested-aurora-co/#more-330563

The incident now has an article on TTAG, a very popular guns website. The writer is sympathetic to the OC'er. The comments section seemed pretty divided.

Watching the video and then seeing video and then seeing a picture of the OC'er kind of makes me a little sympathetic to the cops that they may have thought he was under 18. That being said, if had interacted with the cops on several occasions beforehand the whole department should have been aware of him by then and known he was just a lawful OC'er.

solus

wow, talk about slanted reporting...at least the aurora sentinel's article was a balanced vice one sided BS Fargo is slinging...

ipse

papa bear

nuff said...like your opinion, mine is equal to yours.

this young man stated 'go ahead cite me for obstruction' which is what the officer did.

reiterating, i hope the young man's caregivers let HIM face the judge alone and make HIM pay the fine or serve the time instead of bailing him out. 'tis part of being an adult, isn't it?

ipse

I'm sorry . what crime did he commit? if he didn't commit a crime, why would he have to pay a fine?

why would he have a "care giver when he is an adult?

Last edited:

solus

I'm sorry . what crime did he commit? if he didn't commit a crime, why would he have to pay a fine?

why would he have a "care giver when he is an adult?

sorry papabear, if you had paid attention at the beginning, and watched the video, read the sentinel article, as well as read the earlier post you would have discerned the young man was apparently cited for obstruction.

second, he just turned 18 years old 45 days ago and it didn't take a giant leap of faith to think this new adult lives with his care giver(s) who prob purchased his shotgun, police scanner, and digital recorder. my comment centers around i hope since he is an adult, his caregivers will not pay his ticket for him.

but i'm sure his caregiver will mark it off as a youthful transgression...like the other 12+ times he has run into the police in the last 45 days.

ipse