• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another MD commie story about children and parenting

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...06c0be-9c0f-11e4-bcfb-059ec7a93ddc_story.html

The Meitivs say that on Dec. 20, a CPS worker required Alexander to sign a safety plan pledging he would not leave his children unsupervised until the following Monday, when CPS would follow up. At first he refused, saying he needed to talk to a lawyer, his wife said, but changed his mind when he was told his children would be removed if he did not comply.

Aside from the guy being the biggest whoosie in the world (he's afraid of climate lol) ... he should have said "get off my land" and after they start continuing to threaten them and place them under arrest! Surprise motherpucker!

I would not need to talk to a lawyer...jeez, you don't need to talk to a lawyer to know you have the right to breath...

Who remembers when your mother used to kick you out of the house?

And here's a clue for this moron who signed something w/o his lawyer reviewing it ... any contract that is fair? The other party will always let your attny look at it....those that are not fair? Not so much.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Danielle [father] is a climate-science consultant, and Alexander [mother] is a physicist at the National Institutes of Health.

The Meitivs say they believe in “free-range” parenting, a movement that has been a counterpoint to the hyper-vigilance of “helicopter” parenting, with the idea that children learn self-reliance by being allowed to progressively test limits, make choices and venture out in the world.

I'm trying to distill this.....

My child plays with guns, so what do I know.

OC for ME

...free-range parenting.:rolleyes:

This alone should give CPS a clue as to the parents ability to adequately supervise their kids. These folks live in MD! Hell-O...clue! Other states may be a wee bit less nanny ninnies.

OC for ME

http://www.freerangekids.com/

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/free-range-parenting

http://www.familycircle.com/teen/parenting/discipline/benefits-of-free-range-parenting/

Now, before we all get worked up, did any of those bureaucrats think back to their childhood and recall that they were wandering the countryside without their parents know where they were? As long as their butt was home by dark, no harm no foul. My mom and dad had that rule and stay outta any real trouble (as in trouble with the law).

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Now, before we all get worked up, did any of those bureaucrats think back to their childhood and recall that they were wandering the countryside without their parents know where they were? As long as their butt was home by dark, no harm no foul. My mom and dad had that rule and stay outta any real trouble (as in trouble with the law).

I was always late for supper. When you did get home what dinner was left was cold. I became a connoisseur of peanut butter jelly sandwiches. And am to this day.

Being gone all day with the 22 rifle was no issue. And that was with 22 short ammo.

The Truth

There's nothing that I can say about CPS pushing the limits of their authority that doesn't break forum rules.