• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bullsh*t -2nd degree murder charge for Z

Shoobee

With all due respect, you don't have a flippin' clue what you're talking about as it pertains to Florida law. That PC affidavit was nothing but speculation and conjecture. The only fact in it was that Martin is currently deceased.

RV I am not going to critique your logic skills, or lack thereof.

Suffice it to say that Zimmerman is lucky it will be Floridians judging him on trial, not anybody else.

I suspect the jury will be all caucasian, and all gun owning.

Anybody else and he is sunk.

Last edited:

rvrctyrngr

RV I am not going to critique your logic skills, or lack thereof.

Suffice it to say that Zimmerman is lucky it will be Floridians judging him on trial, not anybody else.

I suspect the jury will be all caucasian, and all gun owning.

Anybody else and he is sunk.

Critique away, sport. Your opinion would be amusing at best.

So now you're an expert on Seminole county demographics? :lol:

rvrctyrngr

Is that judge recusing himself because he won't obey orders and help convict a probably innocent man?

Sorta.

SHE has a possible conflict of interest. Her husband is a partner of the attorney (Mark NeJame) Zimmerman originally asked to defend him. NeJame recommended his current attorney Mark O'Mara. O'Mara would do well to ask that she be removed. She's only been on the bench a little over a year, and I highly doubt she's going to make any decisions that could jeapordize her 'career'.

77zach

RV,

What is your damage assessment from this case? I feel that since our lawmakers are such followers, licensed OC is off the table for next year. Which is ironic, because if Z had been OCing, this incident may not have happened.

Rich7553

Almost everyone is surprised that the Florida special prosecutor came up with a murder-2 charge.

Many were expecting a manslaughter charge of some degree instead. Many others feel that the SYG law justifies the shooting, on the other hand.

The prosecutor may be over-charging, in order to promote a plea deal for manslaughter.

Or the prosecutor may simply believe that Z was indeed profiling (actually he was), stalking (actually he was), confronted (we don't know exactly yet), threatened (this is also under debate still), and shot M (no doubt he shot him and that M died of the wound).

There have been several predictions on the news and commentary shows that Z will cop to manslaughter. Although his new lawyer has indicated the trial will go forward and that Z will testify.

Profiling - I disagree. Zimmerman's recorded conversation with dispatch does not support this conclusion beyond his reference to "these ******** always get away". Zimmerman described the actions of Martin to the dispatcher without reference to race. Besides, it is human nature to profile to one extent or another. One sees a well-dressed, well-groomed, literate person and forms a "profile" of that person in their own mind, which differs from one who sees a slovenly, unshaven, and foul-mouthed person. With the exception of law enforcement and other public service personnel, profiling is perfectly lawful and natural.

Stalking - Again, I disagree. Florida statutes define stalking as repeated instances of harassment. This was a single incident of following and does not meet the legal definition of stalking, nor is there any law against following someone.

And the premise that Martin was "standing his ground" against Zimmerman does not hold water because it does not authorize the use of force when none is offered by the other party. One cannot legally start a fight just because they are annoyed at the presence of another. If that were the case, celebrities would be within their legal rights to assault paparazzi or reporters at will, and we know that's not the case. The line was crossed when the Martin/Zimmerman incident became physical. And even if it is found that Zimmerman initiated the physical confrontation, 776.041 authorizes use of deadly force should the aggressor find himself in imminent danger of great bodily harm or death.

rvrctyrngr

RV,

What is your damage assessment from this case? I feel that since our lawmakers are such followers, licensed OC is off the table for next year. Which is ironic, because if Z had been OCing, this incident may not have happened.

Kinda taking a wait and see approach, Zach, but keeping an eye on things. I think the initial whirlwind has subsided for now. I don't think any of the pols are going to do ANYTHING drastic in a very important election cycle. Too concerned with self-preservation.

Rest assured, though, we are ready and willing to send the troops to Tally to testify in front of any committees that may be formed for the purpose of weakening that which we have fought very hard for.

If you think there is anything specific we should be on the look out for, please let us know.

...and it's Scott. No secrets here.

Last edited:

lowlux

Martin did have a gun, but not on him, there is photo proof of this, his myspace is full of gang related stuff and guns.

he was a gang banger, Kicked out of school for drugs and fighting

He attacked Zimmerman from behind after Zimmerman lost sight of him and was walking back to his car.

he was 6 foot 3.. Played football..

j4l

I think if Scott even pays lip service to this Demoron, he'll be signing his own political death warrant, Zach.

Indeed, but in many ways he signed that within weeks of getting elected, anyway.
As for the whole lot- it's long past time to clean-house. Top to bottom, local, county and State-level.
Leglislatures, Gov, Judges, PA, Sherrif's -across the board. Come Nov. it's "NO" to all incumbents, for me.

rvrctyrngr

Fine with me....As long as we get him to sign a general OC bill like he promised first, lol.

Will see what we can do about that, Zach!

Thought you'd get a kick out of this:
I ran into Corey yesterday...literally. She was walking into a sports pub that my friends own as I was walking out with take-out. Slammed right into her. If she'd had any idea she'd just walked into a man carrying 2 pistols and 3 knives (had been at the range all day teaching), she'd have vapor-locked!:D

77zach

Will see what we can do about that, Zach!

Thought you'd get a kick out of this:
I ran into Corey yesterday...literally. She was walking into a sports pub that my friends own as I was walking out with take-out. Slammed right into her. If she'd had any idea she'd just walked into a man carrying 2 pistols and 3 knives (had been at the range all day teaching), she'd have vapor-locked!:D

Hilarious!

After running into her I would have asked her if she was going to press charges for assault.

utbagpiper

Banned
Just in case anyone missed these reports. Looks like Trayvon Martin's autopsy reveals that in addition to the fatal gunshot wound, he also suffered from injuries on his knuckles. Mr. Zimmerman suffered from a fractured nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury.

News article at:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/1...-martin-suffered-injuries-to/?test=latestnews

and an opinion piece by John Lott:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012...rtin-medical-reports-tell-us-and-media-didnt/

Charles

utbagpiper

Banned
And now it looks like the autopsy revealed found Marijuana in Martin's system. I can't say I was surprised.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=157&sid=201...e-of-marijuana-in-martins-blood&s_cid=queue-1

I will hasten to add that I doubt having a little dope in his system had any direct effect on what happened the day of the shooting. Indeed, stereotypically we might well expect someone who has recently smoked a little dope to be mellow rather than violent.

But the presence of an illegal drug in Martin's bloodstream does tend to paint a picture different than an innocent child. Combined with the school suspension (the whole reason he was in the neighborhood staying with his father in the first place) and some of the "gansta and bling" type photos of him, The prosecutor's job is looking more and more difficult.

Charles

Last edited: