• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama wants to close the so-called "gun show loophole."

anmut

Apparently he doesn't have enough on his plate and our fearless leader now wants to close our ability to buy guns without a background check:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ed-calling-better-gun-sale-background-checks/

SNIP:
Obama suggested three areas for reform: enforcement of gun control laws already on the books through better implementation of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System; rewards for states that keep the best data -- "and therefore do the most to protect our citizens"; and a faster and nimbler network that provides "an instant, accurate, comprehensive and consistent system for background checks to sellers who want to do the right thing."

And while the president acknowledged that some gun owners will never support his call, he argued that weak background checks are bad for police officers, law-abiding citizens and gun sellers.

"If we're serious about keeping guns away from someone who's made up his mind to kill, then we can't allow a situation where a responsible seller denies him a weapon at one store, but he effortlessly buys the same gun someplace else," he wrote, in reference to the "gun show loophole" that gun control advocates say enables people to avoid background checks.

Time to start writing Mr. Johnson and Mr. Duffy some letter and ringing some phones. What part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED does this assclown not understand??

HandyHamlet

Yawn.

Someone wake me when the "chief" admits to the gun running scandal and condemns Holder to hell... Otherwise nothing out of that coward's mouth is of any consequence.

protect our rights

I think our "Commander an Chief" needs to be more worried about the actions of the ATF then us gun owners. Some in the ATF are murderers, and he is worried about us buying guns at gun shows. What about the illegals in Arizona they let walk with thousands of guns???

LR Yote 312

Obama said he's "willing to bet" that responsible gun owners would support laws to "keep an irresponsible, law-breaking few from getting their hands on" guns

"Most gun owners know that the word 'commonsense' isn't a code word for 'confiscation," he wrote.

He's right....I would support those kinds of laws.

Only difference is..... I am including every Federal Agency,State Agency,and
local municipality and its agencies
as the majority of "the irresponsible, law breaking few.

Far as that goes I see Obama himself as one of the biggest violators to the Bill of Rights there ever has been.

So its my DUTY to keep my gun out of the President's hands.

LR Yote

anmut

I got two snail mail letters out. What scares me about this is:

- Feds say to broke states "we've got some good money for you, just cooperate with our nation database of gun owners in your state and we'll write the check."

- States along with anti-groups like WAVE sway public opinion into giving into such a database. I mean it's for protection from ourselves, right? *eyeroll*

- National DB is created ala SkyNet, government declase Martial Law and then what we've feared for decades becomes reality: "knock knock. Mr. Joe Sixpack? Yes I see you own a few shotguns, a few rifles and some pistols. We're going to take them down to the police station for safe keeping during this 'national emergency', thank you for your cooporation."

protect our rights

I got two snail mail letters out. What scares me about this is:

- Feds say to broke states "we've got some good money for you, just cooperate with our nation database of gun owners in your state and we'll write the check."

- States along with anti-groups like WAVE sway public opinion into giving into such a database. I mean it's for protection from ourselves, right? *eyeroll*

- National DB is created ala SkyNet, government declase Martial Law and then what we've feared for decades becomes reality: "knock knock. Mr. Joe Sixpack? Yes I see you own a few shotguns, a few rifles and some pistols. We're going to take them down to the police station for safe keeping during this 'national emergency', thank you for your cooporation."

"... from my cold dead fingers" :mad:

bluehighways

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQX64xOd-Us

To say that there are active forces at work conspiring to remove all guns from U.S. citizens is not paranoia. I believe our president fully supports this agenda. For him to come right out and say it would be an act of bravery, so that's not going to happen, but he will incrementally work toward this end, and it starts with a registry.

England and Australia have taken away citizens' rights to gun ownership, and it started with a registry. Once they've got the names, it's only a matter of time before the government concocts a reason to come knocking at the door.

We must remain ever-vigilant and watchful of our corrupt leaders and their shady agendas. They've already succeeded in incrementally stripping us of much of our liberty. Every ounce of freedom lost brings us a little bit closer to a totalitarian police-state, and this is exactly what MANY of our corrupt leaders want.

Once a freedom is gone, it's almost impossible to get it back.

anmut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQX64xOd-Us

To say that there are active forces at work conspiring to remove all guns from U.S. citizens is not paranoia. I believe our president fully supports this agenda. For him to come right out and say it would be an act of bravery, so that's not going to happen, but he will incrementally work toward this end, and it starts with a registry.

England and Australia have taken away citizens' rights to gun ownership, and it started with a registry. Once they've got the names, it's only a matter of time before the government concocts a reason to come knocking at the door.

We must remain ever-vigilant and watchful of our corrupt leaders and their shady agendas. They've already succeeded in incrementally stripping us of much of our liberty. Every ounce of freedom lost brings us a little bit closer to a totalitarian police-state, and this is exactly what MANY of our corrupt leaders want.

Once a freedom is gone, it's almost impossible to get it back.

+1 and a bump.

If you are not paying attention to this RIGHT NOW, we will lose our rights LATER.

Deek

"rewards for the states that keep the best data"?. sounds to me like there's money available for snitches.... Yep, registry could easily lead to the next phase Obama's "change".

anmut

Here's an example of the letter I sent out if you want to copy & paste:

Address 1
Address 2

Date

Senator Ron Johnson
2 Russell Courtyard
Washington, DC 20510

Dear Senator Johnson;

I recently read the op-ed President Obama wrote today, March 14th, on the need for additional background checks when purchasing firearms. While I think that everyone can agree that the mentally-ill should not have access to weapons of any kind, forcing Wisconsin residents through a background check to purchase a firearm is a bad idea. For many years now we have exercised our 2nd Amendment Right in Wisconsin by purchasing firearms from private parties, at gun shows and from our family without having to pay FFL transfer fees and without the need to register what we buy with the government.

Please do not support any future federal laws mandating background checks and closing the so-called gun show loophole. Do not give into to the federal government holding tax dollars over us as a carrot to step in line with their way of thinking.

“Shall Not Be Infringed” means exactly that. Wisconsin is an exceptional State and we need to hold onto the rights to keep it that way.

Sincerely,

230therapy

He cannot because of the right of property at the FEDERAL level. He can only "close" the "loophole" when there are no property rights. Fortunately, SCOTUS has ruled that we do have the right to acquire, use, and dispose of property. Even if they try to "reach into" states using the commerce clause (spit spit :banghead: ), they still have to overcome property rights and the Second Amendment.

Gunslinger

Yawn.

Someone wake me when the "chief" admits to the gun running scandal and condemns Holder to hell... Otherwise nothing out of that coward's mouth is of any consequence.

The only "loophole" is the one in the jackass's head. I'm glad he opened the Pandora's box of gun control. People have forgotten what the Marxist is really about. That pos holder is too busy protecting black panther thugs to do his job.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Joyce Foundation Firearm Control Influence Math

1) President Obama = former Joyce Foundation Board member
2) Joyce Foundation = Located in Chicago, Illinois = In practice no firearms for residents
3) Joyce Foundation = WAVE = Wisconsin Police Chiefs Association = International Police Chiefs Association = Joyce Foundation
and many, many more.

Just a few examples of the math of gun law influence as practiced by the Joyce Foundation. When you are a "non-profit" with assets approaching a billion dollars, this is the way it is done. To the Joyce Foundation, giving WAVE on the average, nearly a quarter million dollars a year to get Chicago styled gun laws in Wisconsin is using pocket change.

Last edited:

protect our rights

Joyce Foundation Firearm Control Influence Math

1) President Obama = former Joyce Foundation Board member
2) Joyce Foundation = Located in Chicago, Illinois = In practice no firearms for residents
3) Joyce Foundation = WAVE = Wisconsin Police Chiefs Association = International Police Chiefs Association = Joyce Foundation
and many, many more.

Just a few examples of the math of gun law influence as practiced by the Joyce Foundation. When you are a "non-profit" with assets approaching a billion dollars, this is the way it is done. To the Joyce Foundation, giving WAVE on the average, nearly a quarter million dollars a year to get Chicago styled gun laws in Wisconsin is using pocket change.

If you watch Glen Beck, or do your OWN research for that matter. You will see there are a LOT of ... suspicious connections between Mr. Obama and some rather influencing companies. Goldman Sachs is the main one, and let me tell yuh they are bad news for all Americans. But this is for another thread.

Last edited: