• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Romney will release tax returns in OCT ??? - political ploy?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well maybe Romney has some brains after all .... Obamalama has been harping and harping over tax returns for months (seems as if he cannot talk about issues).

So if Mitt coughs up his returns 2 weeks before election then all that bashing would mean nothing but a time waster for the Obamalama campaign.

Of course, I'm still voting for Johnson (I don't think any candidate I have voted for since Reagan has won an office).

papa bear

i think Romney's tax returns are a ploy by someone who won't even release his school records

by the way a vote for Johnson is half a vote for Soetoro, aka Obama

davidmcbeth

Banned
i think Romney's tax returns are a ploy by someone who won't even release his school records

I vote my party, otherwise why declare? ... Obamalama is going to win my state by a landslide...so best to put the GOP on notice to change

Tawnos

Quoting another friend of mine, this is how claims like that sound:
"Ok, but if you don’t vote for Obamney, you’re voting for Rombama."

I vote for who I want, not against who I don't.

Shoobee

I vote my party, otherwise why declare? ... Obamalama is going to win my state by a landslide...so best to put the GOP on notice to change

Just as East is east, and West is west, Dems always vote Dem, and Reeps always vote Reep.

It is the Independents that decide the final outcomes everywhere.

Or else why declare?

:D

Last edited:

Shoobee

Quoting another friend of mine, this is how claims like that sound:
"Ok, but if you don’t vote for Obamney, you’re voting for Rombama."

I vote for who I want, not against who I don't.

They both do have a lot in common.

They both went to Harvard.

They are both very wealthy. Romney inherited most of his, Obama actually earned his.

They both want to raise taxes, Romney on the middle class, Obama on the rich.

They both want to give tax breaks to someone. Romney to the rich, Obama to the middle class.

They are both avowed assault rifle ban advocates. Romney has signed one, Obama said he would.

With Obama you know what you are getting. With Romney it is a pig in a poke.

twoskinsonemanns

I suppose you must think universal affordable health care is totalitarianism, while losing your medicare and social security is not?

Sure, mandating people buy something or get fined by the government... definite step in the totalitarianism direction.

Tawnos

They are both very wealthy. Romney inherited most of his, Obama actually earned his.

They both want to raise taxes, Romney on the middle class, Obama on the rich.

They both want to give tax breaks to someone. Romney to the rich, Obama to the middle class.

They are both avowed assault rifle ban advocates. Romney has signed one, Obama said he would.

And with Johnson I vote my conscience.

twoskinsonemanns

Didn't you hear the US Supreme Court rule on it???

Its a tax. Period. End of story.

Tax is the price of civilization.

Of course. It's a tax. And you think it's fine for the government to force you to buy insurance or get taxed because you agree with it.

Would you still be fine if the government said you have to buy a radio receiver capable of picking up government broadcasted messages or you'll be "taxed"?

Don't fall into the trap of supporting government totalitarianism just because you happen to agree with what they are forcing on us right now. The next thing they force on you may be something you don't want.

Lasjayhawk

Didn't you hear the US Supreme Court rule on it???

Its a tax. Period. End of story.

Tax is the price of civilization.

Ok it's a tax. The bill that was passed by the house started in the senate. It is UNCONSTITUTIONAL to have a tax start in the senate. ALL tax bills must start in the house.

papa bear

well we don't know if pres. Soetoro went to Harvard or not he won't release his records, BTW no one remembers him

Romney did not inherit his wealth he started out in a one room apt. when he first got married. Soeroto went on around the world tours when a doped up collage student. BTW, how did he get the money to attend Harvard

They both want to raise taxes, Romney on the middle class, Obama on the rich
i'm pretty sure Romney wants to cut spending. Soetoro wants to increase spending with Obamacare by 1.3 trillion $

have to agree with this one. don't like it. but Soeroto did say he will "get gun control under the radar", which is probably what 'fast and furious " was all about

you are correct, we know exactly what we have in the current regime. more dishonoring America, higher unemployment, buying union support by bailing out failed companies, and more vacations and golf games

Jack House

Romney did not inherit his wealth he started out in a one room apt. when he first got married. Soeroto went on around the world tours when a doped up collage student. BTW, how did he get the money to attend Harvard
Where did Romney?

i'm pretty sure Romney wants to cut spending. Soetoro wants to increase spending with Obamacare by 1.3 trillion $
You mean Romneycare?

[video=youtube;B7PG4j2K0dA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7PG4j2K0dA[/video]

you are correct, we know exactly what we have in the current regime. more dishonoring America, higher unemployment, buying union support by bailing out failed companies, and more vacations and golf games
And we know exactly why we are going to get from Romney. Higher unemployment, buying unions by bailing out failed companies and more vacations and golf games.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Ok it's a tax. The bill that was passed by the house started in the senate. It is UNCONSTITUTIONAL to have a tax start in the senate. ALL tax bills must start in the house.

I would throw my 2 cents into this ... but I am still reading the bill ... there should be a weight restriction ...