• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting Political Commentary

NMadole

I was watching the movie "The Dictator" (not the greatest movie, but good for a few laughs) and near the end there was a very interesting political commentary. I have posted the clip below... I feel like the last of his statements is the most valid...

[video=youtube;xHCSNrybQuY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHCSNrybQuY[/video]

What do you think?

Tucker6900

Even though he is very well known for his on and off screen antics, one thing alot of people dont know about him is that he is extremely political. He despises Obama and everything he is about. Fortunately for him, he lives in the UK.

Bailenforcer

A funny delivery, but right for the Jugular. Right on target, but the people are dumb as dumb dogs unable to bark.

I was watching the movie "The Dictator" (not the greatest movie, but good for a few laughs) and near the end there was a very interesting political commentary. I have posted the clip below... I feel like the last of his statements is the most valid...

[video=youtube;xHCSNrybQuY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHCSNrybQuY[/video]

What do you think?

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Even though he is very well known for his on and off screen antics, one thing alot of people dont know about him is that he is extremely political. He despises Obama and everything he is about. Fortunately for him, he lives in the UK.

I think his statement could easily be applied to almost every president, and their party, that we've had in the last century.

Yance

Well what do you expect when the leaders of this country want to do whats best for their special interest groups instead of serving the people.

TheQ

The only one denying healthcare to the poor is the government via their interference into the free market. I am sure that DrTodd will agree with me.

TheQ

I think his statement could easily be applied to almost every president, and their party, that we've had in the last century.

I'd not say 100 years. Things didn't go into the shitter until 1913. Year of Fed Reserve and Income Tax.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
The only one denying healthcare to the poor is the government via their interference into the free market. I am sure that DrTodd will agree with me.

By requiring an organization to jump through innumerable hurdles, yes, the government is interfering in the market. But we havent had a truly free market in healthcare since the mid-to late 1800s. This government doesn't believe in a free market, it believes in a limited market at best. If I want to seek medical care from someone who practices santeria, I should be able to. But alas, starting with the AMA pushing for state licensure starting in the 1800's, we have progressively tried to control by whom people can get care, and with whom we can pool our resources to mitigate the financial costs of that care.