• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this any good?

rightwinglibertarian

let me just clear this up. I was born in Ohio, I am an American Citizen (and have the passport to prove it) who has spent most of my life in the U.K. Of course being an American who actually supports the Constitution i'm trying to get myself adjusted with not just firearms but local politics, activist groups etc.

It should also be noted I do not recognize and unless convinced otherwise have no intention of paying any attention to infringements to my right to bear arms and as of now unless convinced otherwise have no intention of paying money for a CCW that shouldn't even be issued. I am well aware this won't go down well but quite frankly someone has to take a stand.

**NOTE: The above is my personal opinion and stand and should not be construed as suggesting others should do the same or violate any law or regulation.**

MikeLovell

It should also be noted I do not recognize and unless convinced otherwise have no intention of paying any attention to infringements to my right to bear arms

Does that include open carrying in restricted areas? I don't think you'd get away with it for long.

Sounds rather risky. Although the laws may be unjust, we cannot select which to follow.

rightwinglibertarian

Does that include open carrying in restricted areas? I don't think you'd get away with it for long.

Sounds rather risky. Although the laws may be unjust, we cannot select which to follow.

Private places, yes I do. They have that right as I have the right not to give them my money. As for other places i'm under no illusions here. I know the majority of people don't care and LEOs wouldnt think twice about violating the oath they swore to the Constitution.

OC for ME

Careful, many states require a permission slip to carry in a car unless the gat is segregated from its ammo and both locked securely away from your reach.

MikeLovell

Private places, yes I do. They have that right as I have the right not to give them my money. As for other places i'm under no illusions here. I know the majority of people don't care and LEOs wouldnt think twice about violating the oath they swore to the Constitution.

You open carry past clear and legal signage saying you should not carry? Or you're saying you just don't frequent those places?

If you're avoiding public/government places that are prohibited then you ARE actually obeying those unconstitutional laws, surely?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I have one. The Constitution.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
I agree, 'but'(God I hate that word) if there is PC or RAS, or an officer invents it you could end up losing your gun, and some of your time.

OTH some of our biggest wins in court have come from the most unlikely of sources.

rightwinglibertarian

You open carry past clear and legal signage saying you should not carry? Or you're saying you just don't frequent those places?

If you're avoiding public/government places that are prohibited then you ARE actually obeying those unconstitutional laws, surely?

I would say both. Private places never go past signs. Simply go in unarmed, speak to the manager and if he isnt willing to listen, give him a no guns, no $$ card. Government places are public places as they are funded by we the people and therefore there no no Constitutional right to forbid firearms. Saying that I wouldnt deliberatly enter such a place without considerable backup

I agree, 'but'(God I hate that word) if there is PC or RAS, or an officer invents it you could end up losing your gun, and some of your time.

OTH some of our biggest wins in court have come from the most unlikely of sources.

There is an answer but i'm going to plead the 5th on it, both for my membership here and my safety.

MikeLovell

Well as we all know, SCOTUS recently refused to take up the case of if the right to bear arms extends outside the home.

If that happens, it could mean Constitutional carry in all states.

MikeLovell

Government places are public places as they are funded by we the people and therefore there no no Constitutional right to forbid firearms. Saying that I wouldnt deliberatly enter such a place without considerable backup

Okay, well why I'm asking is this statement here:

It should also be noted I do not recognize and unless convinced otherwise have no intention of paying any attention to infringements to my right to bear arms

So you actually WILL pay attention to infringement to your right to bear arms, under fear of arrest (or worse).

rightwinglibertarian

Well as we all know, SCOTUS recently refused to take up the case of if the right to bear arms extends outside the home.

If that happens, it could mean Constitutional carry in all states.

SCOTUS doesnt need to rule on what already is IMHO

Okay, well why I'm asking is this statement here:

So you actually WILL pay attention to infringement to your right to bear arms, under fear of arrest (or worse).

Not because of that but because I see no reason to deliberatly and willfully defy a 'law' unless there is need to. I wouldnt go to such a place to demonstrate but if I had genuine business there I would simply go and face the music.

MikeLovell

SCOTUS doesnt need to rule on what already is IMHO

Well a lot of people have a lot of different interpretations, hence why there's a court to decide.

Not because of that but because I see no reason to deliberatly and willfully defy a 'law' unless there is need to. I wouldnt go to such a place to demonstrate but if I had genuine business there I would simply go and face the music.

How long have you been back in the US?

Any idea roughly how many times that situation has occurred (you've have genuine business on a government property and have open carried in a restricted place)? Or are you just getting into the carrying thing?

Motofixxer

You could look into a Sccy CPX-2. I think I just seen a used one on Armslist.com for $200. They have an excellent warranty and are a great reasonably priced option. As for holsters you can look into the Safariland ALS series which are a level 2 retention sold at Opticsplanet.com for about $35. Another decent holster option is Aliengear for about $30. You can find more holster options listed at Www.tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns