• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which 1911?

rscottie

Taurus 1911's are a good value

You can check out everything you ever wanted to know about Taurus 1911's on the link below. The good, the bad, and, well, Taurus 1911's are mighty fine lookin' so we won't say ugly!

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/taurus-1911s/

This website is ran by a group of fans of Taurus firearms that are not affiliated with Taurus. That is why the information is good. They post the good and the bad. Of course, if you are just going to Bash Taurus firearms, it is not for you.

Taurus 1911's come with many custom features right from the start and this makes them a real good buy.

jeeper1

I know that $2700 is a lot more than I am willing or able to pay for a tricked out pistol.

jeeper1

modernknight wrote
What if you had tons of money just laying around that you didn't know what to do with, or won the lotto?

I would help my sister pay off the mortgage on her home first.

pony_express1973

I just got a Rock Island 1911 for around $560 and it is a great shooting gun right out of the box good quality for the money

4angrybadgers

The base-model Rock Island (I forget what it's called - GI model?) cost me around $410 last year, including shipping and FFL fee. I bought it from a fairly big dealer on Gunbroker and transferred it through a pawn shop in town. There is absolutely nothing fancy about the GI model, but I really like how it feels, and it shoots well enough.

Last edited:

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
I own both a fully loaded/tricked match grade Springfield Armory and a Taurus PT1911 that I originally bought used to be a 'mud gun' for around the ranch...
I love 1911s in general and really like the looks and of my Springfield, but I have gotten to the point of using the Taurus as my EDC!
Don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing against my much more expensive Springfield, but the Taurus (for regular shooting) shoots very well and I'm simply not concerned about 'banging it up' a bit my carrying it. I do still carry the springfield from time to time when I need to 'dress it up' a bit!

The short version is this:
I would HIGHLY recommend the Taurus as an EXCELLENT choice for a first, second, third, whatever 1911 to carry or simply add to your collection! For the price I don't think there is another one out there that truly has ALL the features! I really like full beaver tails and ambi safeties!