• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nov 10th 1775 is when my Marine Corps came alive.

Eagle II

I've worn two uniforms in my life. The first was in the Boy Scouts, as an eagle scout (BSA is celebrating 100 yrs this year). The second was as a Marine sargent. Very proud of both... SEMPER FI, and happy birthday.

Phssthpok

On this date in 1775, the first guy to sign on the dotted line in Tun Tavern in Philadelphia turned, looked at the second guy in line, and said "Things were different in the old Corps!"

(Hat tip to TAM)

Huck

"In my world travels the Marines I've seen have had the cleanest bodies and the filthiest minds, the highest moral and the lowest morals of any animal I've ever seen. God bless the Marine Corps!"
Eleanor Roosevelt

I agree! God bless the USMC!

jag06

Happy Birthday USMC!!!

I've worn two uniforms in my life. The first was in the Boy Scouts, as an eagle scout (BSA is celebrating 100 yrs this year). The second was as a Marine sargent. Very proud of both... SEMPER FI, and happy birthday.

Nice to see another Eagle Scout around. I received my Eagle in 2007.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
NOV 11th

Happy Veterens Day to all of us! (Army 20+ years). Don't forget Applebee's and other places give vets a free meal/discount on Nov 11th. Check your local places.