• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is my problem?????

deanf

Were you drunk? Your original post in this thread reads like you were drunk when you wrote it. Maybe that's part of your problem.

Sanjay is very aware of Article 1 Section 24 and our right to carry in this state.

How is the Washington State Constitution relevant to this incident?

This is ABSURD and illogical.

Could you explain that a little more please? What is absurd or illogical about the manager setting his own policy on private property, and the police enforcing it?

Deleted_User

Were you drunk? Your original post in this thread reads like you were drunk when you wrote it. Maybe that's part of your problem.

Could you explain that a little more please? What is absurd or illogical about the manager setting his own policy on private property, and the police enforcing it?

View attachment 4905

Deleted_User

He forgot a few things on the checklist

Wear a polo shirt - Check
Wear dress pants - Check
Wear neo-nazi tactical drop holster - Check
Make more reload rounds for Goose's Beretta - Check :)

Tomas

It is indeed private property, but not the manager's private property.

It belongs to the corporation he merely works for, and the corporate policy is the one that should be followed by the manager and other employees regarding that property.

No matter how much the manager's panties may be binding and chafing, he has an employer, and his employer's rules, not something made up by the manager, apply to that private property.

Hey, Goose! Got any more of that spray? :D

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
so today I got trespassed from Walgreens on 100th and Bridgeport....

I will be following up with lakewoods finest as it appears that I have been targeted by them as far as :stop and harass" Especially since my earlier incident....

You asked "What is my problem?????" remember this!

You were trespassed not just asked to leave according to your statement so their must be more to the story then what is reported as being told you cannot and asked to leave, then hmm the Police Department appeared.

Your earlier incident from what I understand is far from an accurate recount of what had occurred, still awaiting the voice recording and the police report (which should be here soon).

If someone goes around with a chip on their shoulder it often translates into conflicts where just maybe there was not one to be had.

We are all stewards of Right to Keep and Bear Arms and when asked to cover up or to leave an establishment you are required by law to abide by their wished or leave.
If you disagree or know corporate policy is different then deal with that at a separate time as an issue of policy.
If ones stands and argue or debate the issues, it often does more harm for the cause then good, so what master are you serving here, anger or a positive promotion of the right to open carry?

Truthfully thus far it appears to be an alcohol and anger issues.

deanf

No matter how much the manager's panties may be binding and chafing, he has an employer, and his employer's rules, not something made up by the manager, apply to that private property.

The private relationship between the manager and corporate is really none of our business, nor are the internal rules of the business. As far as a criminal court is concerned, the manager has full authority to set or change the rules any time he wants, no prior notice required.

How those impromptu changes might comport with the written policies of the business is a civil issue between the manager and his employers and is, again, none of our concern.

This is settled on OCDO. The police have chimed in on this more than once and confirmed: this is how it works in the real world.

The Real World, as opposed to the OCDO-perpetual victim, company policy fetish world.

Last edited:

amlevin

He forgot a few things on the checklist

Wear a polo shirt - Check
Wear dress pants - Check
Wear neo-nazi tactical drop holster - Check
Make more reload rounds for Goose's Beretta - Check :)

Didn't you mean "cammo's" rather than the polo shirt and dress pants? Really, Polo Shirt and Dress pants with a "drop holster" is so Gauche.

sudden valley gunner

The private relationship between the manager and corporate is really none of our business, nor are the internal rules of the business. As far as a criminal court is concerned, the manager has full authority to set or change the rules any time he wants, no prior notice required.

How those impromptu changes might comport with the written policies of the business is a civil issue between the manager and his employers and is, again, none of our concern.

This is settled on OCDO. The police have chimed in on this more than once and confirmed: this is how it works in the real world.

The Real World, as opposed to the OCDO-perpetual victim, company policy fetish world.

Did you forget your happy pills? Wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

It is our business if we are doing business there. Your real world must be a sad one to live in if you feel the absolute need to be so angry, and insulting. But according to you we should just surrender ID to cops who demand it for no reason or laws being broken too. Next time try a little tact.You are entitled to your viewpoint just not entitled to force it upon someone else.

And if the manager isn't following store policy, I bet the owner would want to know this. Do you argue if they insist you leave and pursue it at that moment? NO. But if there is an opening and chance for education the best time to do so is at the very time the incident is occurring.

If a manager insists on being unreasonable I will make it my business to go over his head or let everyone else know hey this guy at this store is a jerk, don't do business there.

amlevin

Did you forget your happy pills? Wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

It is our business if we are doing business there. Your real world must be a sad one to live in if you feel the absolute need to be so angry, and insulting. But according to you we should just surrender ID to cops who demand it for no reason or laws being broken too. Next time try a little tact.You are entitled to your viewpoint just not entitled to force it upon someone else.

And if the manager isn't following store policy, I bet the owner would want to know this. Do you argue if they insist you leave and pursue it at that moment? NO. But if there is an opening and chance for education the best time to do so is at the very time the incident is occurring.

If a manager insists on being unreasonable I will make it my business to go over his head or let everyone else know hey this guy at this store is a jerk, don't do business there.

Just a little insight as to how "Corporate People" think. When a customer calls or writes to them about a Manager that is "******* off' the Customer it is often the case that the Manager will be let off the hook. After all, the "Corporate People" know the manager and they don't know the complaining customer. If they let every manager go that got a "PO'd" letter or complaint from customers they wouldn't have any managers. Unless a manager gets numerous complaints for the same problem, from a diverse group of people (not just a letter writing campaign from let's say a group like this), more likely than not nothing will happen. The complaining customer will get a nicely worded "form letter" from the company appologizing for the "misunderstanding" and further stating that "they will be looking further into the matter". The letter will also go on into "we appreciate your business and hope you continue to patronize our business". In the end, nothing will happen and business, like life, will just go on.

How do I know? Because I was part of that "Corporate Structure". When out having an after work drink we used to jokingly refer to this process as the "Corporate B. J." (if you need it explained, you definitely wouldn't understand). Managers are hard to find, take lots of time and money to develop, and a PO'd Customer will a) probably cool off and keep shopping there if stroked a little or, b) if "lost" will be replaced by a new one moving into the area. Businesses are getting larger and loosing the small "home town values" that they used to have. More and more impersonal.

Ever notice how all those on the "Do Not Patronize List" are still in business. Check their Corporate Stock and you'll find that our "boycott" didn't even register.

Just my ramblings on the topic of going over the manager's head.

G20-IWB24/7

If someone goes around with a chip on their shoulder it often translates into conflicts where just maybe there was not one to be had.

BIG +1. Which might be why some of us have been OCing for YEARS and have never been asked to leave a store, or been 'harrassed' by the police, etc... OCers have to ask themselves one question: Do you OC as a part of your everyday activities, or to shove it in peoples' faces?

I fear that there is a small element of the latter that has been developing for quite some time.

deanf

ut according to you we should just surrender ID to cops who demand it for no reason
I never said that, and certainly wouldn't.

You are entitled to your viewpoint just not entitled to force it upon someone else.
Oh, someone put a gun to your head? Are they still holding you and forcing you to read against your will? Tell us your location; we will come help you.

Do you argue if they insist you leave and pursue it at that moment? NO.
Yet this seems to be what some posters here advocate and practice, based on their postings here.

devildoc5

1422 hrs received a call today from the Walgreen District manager, Sanjay Bhana (425-885-6685). We talked for about 15 minutes and he is contacting corporate for an email or letterhead that confirms that Walgreens allows lawful carry (CC or OC) in their Washington stores.

Sanjay is very aware of Article 1 Section 24 and our right to carry in this state. I also told him I would help in any way possible with copies of other corporate email and letterheads on the issue at hand. We probably won't see anything in writing till after the first of the year due to the holidays and vacations at corporate.

I was AFK most of the day yesterday but I spoke with Sanjay as well who explained to me (once again) that their policy is to follow state law and that he will follow up with the manager in question.

He is also going to be putting out a memo to all stores in the district reminding them about their policy of following state law especially when it comes to firearms.

Not sure how 2 typos in a post automatically makes someone drunk but.... If you can tell that from reading something someone wrote maybe you should be one of those DUI side of the road check point people cause knowing if someone is drunk based on their typing is pretty amazing.

That absurd and illogical relates to how a customer would be going around yelling at other customers that "he has a gun" and also that management would do nothing to alleviate some of its cusstomers concerns when someone is shouting that at them.

And for someone who has never met me, admittedly does not OC themselves, and probably will never meet me to try and say that I have a fukin chip on my shoulder. That is just low. You have to poke and prod people on an internet forum instead of doing it in RL. You say you support OC other people say you do a lot for OC, but you DONT OC! So you may do a lot for "carry" but you never once have done a single thing that was for the betterment of OC specifically. Yet you wanna come on here and try and talk **** about me and how I have a chip on my shoulder when you have NEVER even MET ME! Seems like you make a lot of assumptions and exaggerations that just cant stand up to the light of day....

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
And for someone who has never met me, admittedly does not OC themselves, and probably will never meet me to try and say that I have a fukin chip on my shoulder. That is just low. You have to poke and prod people on an internet forum instead of doing it in RL. You say you support OC other people say you do a lot for OC, but you DONT OC! So you may do a lot for "carry" but you never once have done a single thing that was for the betterment of OC specifically. Yet you wanna come on here and try and talk **** about me and how I have a chip on my shoulder when you have NEVER even MET ME! Seems like you make a lot of assumptions and exaggerations that just cant stand up to the light of day....

DO YOU MEAN ME ! :D

You continue to support my points being made, I am awaiting your police report and will post results here, what about that audio recording? does it show or indicate the COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack accusations of having an AR-15 being stolen out of the vehicle in which you and the ones with you knew there was none!

Once I have an opportunity to review this information and I find it out to be different I would be happy to retract everything, how about you?

devildoc5

DO YOU MEAN ME ! :D

You continue to support my points being made, I am awaiting your police report and will post results here, what about that audio recording? does it show or indicate the how belligerent and drunk you were with accusations of having an AR-15 being stolen out of the vehicle in which you and the ones with you knew there was none!

Once I have an opportunity to review this information and I find it out to be different I would be happy to retract everything, how about you?

Wow direct personal attacks in contrary to the facts and truths and also in violation of forum policies.

I bet not a damn thing happens to you though because you are "so special to the movement" according to others. Yet numerous people get kicked off of this forum for much less than you have done to me not just now but in the past. I am tired of this crap and dealing with the hostility from someone who does not even OC yet seems to be such an EXPERT on OC.

This forum and numerous members of it are a farce, there is constant struggles for power, constant harassment of unpopular members, and constant bickering that will forever hinder the possible good that can come out of OC awareness.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
If you do not want to know then do not ask! Remember you did ask the question, it is not personal as I do not know you nor wish to and I am just addressing again on what was asked and the circumstances surrounding the incidents you describe.

Again you are misinformed I do open carry at times and I do concealed carry when it suits my activities but yet I as well as many others go about with no issues with others they are just a magnet and yet I have approached several Cities to include Yakima County and currently dealing with a conflict with a Law Enforcement Center which we have the law on our side and it is in the process of being resolved (more later on that issue).

When I do receive I will post with a link to verify the information, as I said before if I was lead to believe the information was false I would gladly retract, if you acted as you said then there is no concerns on your part as it will just support your position.

So tell me who does more if a person goes about his business and accomplishes many different tasked of removing out dated laws that violates our rights or someone in conflict in your face and generates ill feelings for those who open carry?

Go about being a good steward for the cause.

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Sanjay is very aware of Article 1 Section 24 and our right to carry in this state.

I was reporting what he said to me. I can assume to figure out what he meant but I'll leave it to you to figure out.......

Deleted_User

It is indeed private property, but not the manager's private property.

It belongs to the corporation he merely works for, and the corporate policy is the one that should be followed by the manager and other employees regarding that property.

Hey, Goose! Got any more of that spray? :D

I gots plenty. I've gotten into the habit of just spraying and praying anymore. I sprayed my own post on a forum the other night. It's funny to label yourself a troll. Kinda wierd, but if you're acting like one... (referring to myself in the above conversation.)

I just spray, pray, and walk away anymore. It's easier on my blood pressure. But yes, I bought stock in the stuff :)

amlevin

I gots plenty. I've gotten into the habit of just spraying and praying anymore. I sprayed my own post on a forum the other night. It's funny to label yourself a troll. Kinda wierd, but if you're acting like one... (referring to myself in the above conversation.)

I just spray, pray, and walk away anymore. It's easier on my blood pressure. But yes, I bought stock in the stuff :)

When you get older you don't even need the spray. Just get up, go to the bathroom, and when you get back you've forgotten what it was that bothered you.

deanf

If you do not want to know then do not ask! Remember you did ask the question

Good point.

Yet numerous people get kicked off of this forum for much less than you have done to me not just now but in the past. I am tired of this crap and dealing with the hostility from someone who does not even OC yet seems to be such an EXPERT on OC.

Ah, there is the perpetual victimhood again.