• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oh My God.... That guy has a............. Mohawk?!?!?!

CalicoJack10

As I passed through the protester filled streets of downtown Minocqua, headed over to get breakfast at my local BBQ Heaven, I shifted the spare magazines on my back to better fit with the beat up seats of my girlfriends crap car (a.k.a. The Silver Bullet, because when we get her a new one we are gonna shoot it till it explodes). I rolled my eyes and shook my head as we drove past the morons who believed that holding up a sign in this tourist town was actually going to make a difference.

When my girlfriend, my mother, and myself get to the eatery that I had been drooling over for more than 24 hours, I jumped out, popped the trunk, and slid my USP into its holster. As usual I looked around to see who I was making nervous, and I saw a kid about 20 years old staring at me as he jumped into his car. I walked in and was greeted by my favorite cook, and his better half. I barely cast a glance at those that were already there as I walked in and took off my coat and began to chat with my friends.

I ordered my food and walked around a bit, and after a few I was sitting down eating the best pulled pork I have ever tasted. I was sitting with my back to the kitchen and there was just one woman (sitting with the group that got out of a car with Illinois plates) who was within eye shot of my side arm. After a short while she glanced over at me and noticed that I was sitting there with a gun on my side. She immediately whispered to the man on her left "That guy's got a gun". As the whole table went quiet and they looked out of the corner of their eyes at me, the cook piped up from the background asking why they got so quiet.

The man that was first spoken to about the fact that I was carrying started his response with "Who does? That guy with the Mohawk and tattoos?", and quickly followed it up with "They have different laws in Wisconsin, don't worry about it."

We finished our meal, stopped to drop off my mother and pick up my nephew, and were off to wally world. When we got there we followed in the same group that we had seen at the BBQ place. As we walked through, I could feel the eyes on me. The group that we had already ran into paid me no mind, and I walked back to sporting goods. I was greeted by a familiar face and was asked if I needed more ammo (as if I go there for cheap ammo at all). As I talked for a few my girlfriend and nephew wondered off and I was standing there talking to this guy alone. After just a couple minutes, I had a woman walk up to me and say "Excuse me sir, I don't mean to bother you but I just have to ask you something" I smiled and asked what I could do for her. As I stood there expecting her to ask about my gun, she looked my rite in the eyes and said "Why in the world do you walk around with a Mohawk?"

I was so taken back I nearly laughed myself to tears. I explained that it is my summer haircut, and I have had it off and on since I left the military. She smiled, said thanks, and walked off.

As someone who is 6'3" with tattoos from neck to ancle and is about 215, I know I put people off until they start talking to me. But there is no way in the world I could have possibly been prepared for that situation.

Last edited:

protias

Well, the totality of the circumstances would dictate anyone that has a mohawk to be a little different. :p

XDFDE45

hippies! who said hippies?! where? get my gun, get the dogs, call the cops, get out the water cannons, get the national guard!
Nah, just get some soap.
70482901v11_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg

Cobbersmom

As I passed through the protester filled streets of downtown Minocqua, headed over to get breakfast at my local BBQ Heaven,
When my girlfriend, my mother, and myself get to the eatery that I had been drooling over for more than 24 hours, I jumped out, popped the trunk, and slid my USP into its holster.

Had the scanner on all day, didn't hear anything about you! But I did hear about some businesses downtown were complaining about the protesters using their parking lots and blocking out shoppers. They didn't appreciate it.

As someone who is 6'3" with tattoos from neck to ancle and is about 215, I know I put people off until they start talking to me. But there is no way in the world I could have possibly been prepared for that situation.

That's you??? Hmmmm, I'll either have to run and hide next time I see you walking around or maybe stop and introduce myself. I'm not as easy to spot. I usually wear my middle aged woman disguise....

CalicoJack10

That's you??? Hmmmm, I'll either have to run and hide next time I see you walking around or maybe stop and introduce myself. I'm not as easy to spot. I usually wear my middle aged woman disguise....

Yup, thats me. I usually end up near downtown for BBQ or because I have family that lives near the library. And I think I fit more into the "Biker" category than the "Hippie" category. And after living on the east side of Milwaukee for many years, I can tell you Hippies really do smell (Usually like resin and pachouli).

And there is a good chance that if I have even seen you around I will remember you. I am the never forget a face kinda guy, and I pay very close attention to my surroundings.

Last edited: