• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Straw Poll

For which Republican would you vote if you voted in a primary today?

• Michele Bachmann

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Herman Cain

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Newt Gingrich

• Jon Huntsman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • Rick Perry

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Mitt Romney

• Rick Santorum

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eye95

Except you don't have to pay to vote. However, if you insist, you may send me $35 through PayPal.

Which Republican would you support if you had to vote in a primary today?

Michele Bachmann
Herman Cain
Newt Gingrich
Jon Huntsman
Ron Paul
Rick Perry
Mitt Romney
Rick Santorum

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Rick Perry. Eye, I overpaid by 30 bucks by accident. Could you paypal it back to me? Thanks.

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
The good doctor of course!

Paul will get my vote in the primary and in the general election even if I have to write him in; unless Ron and Gary Johnson somehow combined their DNA into some sort of super candidate. You could also throw a dash of Napalatano in there and a sprig of Goldwater if you like. :D

ETA; allright......who voted for Newt....:p

Last edited:

eye95

Rick Perry. Eye, I overpaid by 30 bucks by accident. Could you paypal it back to me? Thanks.

I'll just consider it a donation.

As much as the press tries to ho-hum the quality of the field, I like all of the candidates except one. I will enthusiastically support whichever one of the seven gets the nomination. (The one I don't is the only one who has zero chance of getting the nomination.) Herman Cain ekes out the rest of the field mainly because of his support for the Fair Tax.

Of the ones who rate enthusiasm, that enthusiasm is least for Hunstman and Romney. They lean more leftward than I'd like.

Gunslinger

Except you don't have to pay to vote. However, if you insist, you may send me $35 through PayPal.

My check is in the mail. It is a 3rd party, post dated, offshore account held by a Nigerian Prince. As it will be for $4000, could you send me the change today, overnight FedX? Rick Perry all the way.

OldCurlyWolf

While I like Mr. Paul's domestic policies, his foreign policy stances put him in my "do not under almost any circumstances vote for him as president" category. :cuss:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
If someone on this gun forum clicks Mitt Romney, I'm punching myself in the face.... (please don't do it)

eye95

My check is in the mail. It is a 3rd party, post dated, offshore account held by a Nigerian Prince. As it will be for $4000, could you send me the change today, overnight FedX? Rick Perry all the way.

Rookie scammer! You should want me to send it Western Union. Impossible to track or recover!