• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Western Slope Folks Take Cover... I'm a'comin'!!!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
For those of you living on the western slope, and fully aware that I am giving terrible short notice, I intend to visit Grand Junction on Saturday. Would love to meet up with a few of you folks. How about we have us a coffee clatch or late lunch, say around 2:00pm, at a location to be decided shortly.

Any good suggestions would be appreciated from you west slopers, because you're already there and know some good places that are OC tolerant.

My own personal suggestion would be the Golden Corral at 1100 Independent Ave.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

kanekutter05

Howdy Folks!
For those of you living on the western slope, and fully aware that I am giving terrible short notice, I intend to visit Grand Junction on Saturday. Would love to meet up with a few of you folks. How about we have us a coffee clatch or late lunch, say around 2:00pm, at a location to be decided shortly.

Any good suggestions would be appreciated from you west slopers, because you're already there and know some good places that are OC tolerant.

My own personal suggestion would be the Golden Corral at 1100 Independent Ave.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

It's more of a breakfast place...but I would HIGHLY recommend stopping into My Favorite Muffin on Horizon Drive. When my wife (who was then my girlfriend) was going to school out there...we frequented that place quite a bit. I don't know their weapons polices off the top of my head...but that's just a good place to grab a breakfast sandwich and a delicious muffin.

M-Taliesin

It's more of a breakfast place...but I would HIGHLY recommend stopping into My Favorite Muffin on Horizon Drive. When my wife (who was then my girlfriend) was going to school out there...we frequented that place quite a bit. I don't know their weapons polices off the top of my head...but that's just a good place to grab a breakfast sandwich and a delicious muffin.

Howdy Pard!
Terrific suggestion, except we'll be pretty well beyond breakfast by the time we travel to Junction. Not too sure breakfast food would suit for the trip back. We plan to do a little trail running in our newly acquired Jeep. Something substantial in the breadbasket might help.

Maybe next time we'll arrange to visit the location you suggested, but this time around, will need food... spelled like... FOOD!!!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

F350

Howdy Pard! (back at ya)

I was just gonna PM to see if you headin' over.

Golden Corral @ 2:00 sounds like a fine idea to me.

Are you going trail running before of after the meet? If before I can give you some ideas and direction, if after I'll bring my netbook with Topo program and you can look over some ideas. If you want to give it a good wringing out there is an OHV area at the west end of the airport and some pretty good trails on beyond near the shooting ranges.

See ya Saturday!

Bob

PS-
Are you bringing keens with you??

Last edited:

Keens

I wish I could go! Unfortunately, I've already made plans for the weekend feasting with the family. I'd rather be OC'ing with you guys and going four wheeling! Celebrate Easter by shooting the rabbits and getting some "moving target" practice in!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Western Slopers!
I know this came about on short notice, but I'd surely like to see a few more open carriers tomorrow.
We are hoping to have a terrific day, and making a few new friends would assure that our trip is worthwhile.

Come on folks, turn out and join us for a late lunch.

We'll be looking out for ya!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Howdy Pard! (back at ya)

Are you going trail running before of after the meet? If before I can give you some ideas and direction, if after I'll bring my netbook with Topo program and you can look over some ideas.

<Snip>
If you want to give it a good wringing out there is an OHV area at the west end of the airport and some pretty good trails on beyond near the shooting ranges.
Bob

Howdy Bob!
We don't know how our trip outbound to Grand Junction will turn out in terms of time. We don't get out that way very often, so will play that one by ear. As for after the meet, I'd likely be interested in seeing some suggestions.

Bear in mind, I haven't owned a Jeep before. I suspect I should start out on easy trails and work my way up. A bit of challenge, yeah. Big honking divits and boulders, I don't think I'm ready for yet! LOL! When it comes to off roading, I something of a tenderfoot!

Regardless of anything else, we expect to be comfortably ensconced at the Golden Corral by 2pm-ish. As for spotting us, it should be pretty easy. We'll be arriving in a black 2008 Jeep Liberty with temporary tags in the rear window. I'll be dapper enough in a Stetson and an XDm-.40 compact on my hip. Unless, of course, I decide to take the Judge instead. That's a real possibility. Either way, the Stetson in question is the one in my avatar photo.

We'll be looking for you in around 16 hours or less from now as I write this.

Bring along any friends you may have that are interested in open carry, and perhaps we can make some converts out of them!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

F350

Well M-Taliesin & wife and I met up at Golden Corral yesterday and had a fine lunch and conversation, afterwards he wanted to get some dirt on the tires of his new Jeep and had done some research and was interested in checking out a Jeep trail called Black Ridge Road which branches off the road going through the Colorado National Monument. So I lead them through the northern part of the Monument, did a little sight seeing and picture taking (which he threatens to post) and last I saw they were headed into McInnis Canyons NCA, haven't heard from him since so I'm hoping they found their out again :lol:

joe4

Sorry I missed you guys! I was out in Moab on Saturday for the jeep safari.
I hope you enjoyed your visit to our side of the hill. Hopefully next time you come out this way I will be in town.

M-Taliesin

Sorry I missed you guys! I was out in Moab on Saturday for the jeep safari.
I hope you enjoyed your visit to our side of the hill. Hopefully next time you come out this way I will be in town.

Howdy Amigo!
Look for my post "Jeeper" to see how things were while you were out of town.
I was hoping you might join up with us, but I understand. Maybe next time.
Not that I get to GJ very often, it ain't exactly in my neighborhood... but who can say?
I could be there next week for all I know! LOL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin