• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Know your rights infographic

BrianB

Pretty good graphic all in all. Only thing I saw right off that I had an issue with was in the "investigative detention" section they had Florida colored as a "must identify" state. To my knowledge, during investigative detention, Florida is only "must identify" when suspected of loitering or prowling - for all other suspected crimes there is no statute that I am aware of.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Another "issue". The Infographic is correct that the Federal Courts have determined that "Checkpoints" for DUI are legal. However, some states prohibit them under state constitutional protections...Michigan, for example.

22Luke36

I have heard otherwise. I remember sending a couple friends a link warning them because they at the time were bringing a lot of weed from Flint to Pontiac and the news was reporting I-75 to be placed under siege somewhere in Grand Blanc.

FreeInAZ

I have heard otherwise. I remember sending a couple friends a link warning them because they at the time were bringing a lot of weed from Flint to Pontiac and the news was reporting I-75 to be placed under siege somewhere in Grand Blanc.

Probably not a great idea to broadcast across the internet that you associate with people who handle large amounts of illegal substances.... just saying.... :rolleyes: Or did you mean they run a lawn service and were hauling clippings back to Pontiac...:confused:

Carry on...

Ezerharden

Hope for your sake that isn't chargeable as aiding and abetting.

SFCRetired

Prove it.

Time, place, dates, people....

Or is it someone just talking smack on a keyboard?

I will tell you what a respected lawyer told me, "What you post on a public forum, what you send in snail mail, or any other public utterance can be used against you in a court of law."

Many long years ago, before the internet, still another lawyer gave this advice, "Never write love letters. They sound so damn silly when they're read aloud in court."

What you have posted here concerning trafficking in drugs (weed) is more than enough to get you charges. And, no, no one is talking smack on a keyboard. I've been around the block far too many times for that sort of foolishness.

So, either take the good advice given here by others, or keep posting admissions of illegal activities and see where it gets you.

OC for ME

I will tell you what a respected lawyer told me, "What you post on a public forum, what you send in snail mail, or any other public utterance can be used against you in a court of law."

Many long years ago, before the internet, still another lawyer gave this advice, "Never write love letters. They sound so damn silly when they're read aloud in court."

What you have posted here concerning trafficking in drugs (weed) is more than enough to get you charges. And, no, no one is talking smack on a keyboard. I've been around the block far too many times for that sort of foolishness.

So, either take the good advice given here by others, or keep posting admissions of illegal activities and see where it gets you.
The poster who associates with drug runners is certainly not fostering the image that the mission statement of OCDO advocates. For the time being, OCing and running drugs will negatively impact your 2A right. I'll even go out on a limb and state that associating with drug runners while OCing will negatively impact your 2A right.

SFCRetired

I wasn't even into guns back then...

But you are now. And, if you keep posting admissions like that one on the internet, you will soon be ineligible to possess a firearm. You're being given good advice, both from me and from others. Refuse to heed that advice at your own peril. At least we know we tried to help you.

22Luke36

But you are now. And, if you keep posting admissions like that one on the internet, you will soon be ineligible to possess a firearm. You're being given good advice, both from me and from others. Refuse to heed that advice at your own peril. At least we know we tried to help you.

+1 and congrats on post # 1,500.

Come to think of it, I wasn't smoking during that period of my life either. Checkpoints are cause for breaking rule 15, and I didnt want to see my friends getting busted.

Last edited:

SFCRetired

+1 and congrats on post # 1,500.

Come to think of it, I wasn't smoking during that period of my life either. Checkpoints are cause for breaking rule 15, and I didnt want to see my friends getting busted.

Would they run the same risks for you? That is the benchmark test for calling someone "friend" rather than "acquaintance" or "associate". From my experience, and understand that I do not know your friends nor am I judging them, that many of those who break the law will, without hesitation, throw their associates under the bus in the hopes of avoiding jail or reducing their time in it.

And, no, checkpoints are not a cause for violating Rule 15 on this forum. What you do outside of this forum is, as far as I am concerned, your business. What you do on this forum is the business of the admins and the moderators.

I know no young person wants a lecture from someone many years his senior and I hope you are not taking my comments as a lecture.