• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nightingale Campaign Failing Miserably

AyatollahGondola

OC / 2nd amendment proponent Chelene Nightingale's campaign exhibited some of the worst signs of decay I've seen yet during an event at the State capitol. Today's event came at the end of a 8 day walk from Fresno to Sacramento in an effort drum up support. Less than 40 supporters showed up, and despite several video pleas from Chelene herself while on the road, less than 10 joined her for any leg of the journey. Missing from todays event were any signs relative to the gun issue. Mostly it seemed to be about water rights. I wish I could say she sold everyone out on this, but unfortunately I am of the opinion that she was just using us as a political stepping stone.
Pictures available here:

http://saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=2744&page=4

leoffensive

OC / 2nd amendment proponent Chelene Nightingale's campaign exhibited some of the worst signs of decay I've seen yet during an event at the State capitol. Today's event came at the end of a 8 day walk from Fresno to Sacramento in an effort drum up support. Less than 40 supporters showed up, and despite several video pleas from Chelene herself while on the road, less than 10 joined her for any leg of the journey. Missing from todays event were any signs relative to the gun issue. Mostly it seemed to be about water rights. I wish I could say she sold everyone out on this, but unfortunately I am of the opinion that she was just using us as a political stepping stone.
Pictures available here:

http://saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=2744&page=4

i didnt like her anyways cause i went on her page a while ago and on there it said she wants to cut my pay(state worker). i dont see why i have to take a cut in pay cause all the big wigs up there in sac ****** up. i work my ass off and risk my life everyday.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
i didnt like her anyways cause i went on her page a while ago and on there it said she wants to cut my pay(state worker). i dont see why i have to take a cut in pay cause all the big wigs up there in sac ****** up. i work my ass off and risk my life everyday.

Yeah, I never liked the pay-cut approach. I think that forced state worker job cuts should be, at a minimum, tied proportionally to statewide private sector job losses.

I also find it interesting that a state worker union has endorsed Meg Whitman who has vowed to cut 40,000 state jobs. First time a state employee union has endorsed the Republican candidate for governor. :shocker:

Source: http://blogs.sacbee.com/the_state_worker/2010/09/state-worker-union-endorses-me.html

leoffensive

Yeah, I never liked the pay-cut approach. I think that forced state worker job cuts should be, at a minimum, tied proportionally to statewide private sector job losses.

I also find it interesting that a state worker union has endorsed Meg Whitman who has vowed to cut 40,000 state jobs. First time a state employee union has endorsed the Republican candidate for governor. :shocker:

Source: http://blogs.sacbee.com/the_state_worker/2010/09/state-worker-union-endorses-me.html

yea i never understood that either. meg whitman would be an even worse disaster than arnold. the way things are going us state workers are ******. haha well its no secret that i work for caltrans. our management doesnt do squat for us. we do a lot of stuff thats just soo stupid and pointless that wastes money all so these dumb people in the offices can justify their worthless job.

mjones

I also find it interesting that a state worker union has endorsed Meg Whitman who has vowed to cut 40,000 state jobs.

As I understand it, none of those 40k jobs would be direct cuts, they are to be 'cuts by attrition' when people leave or retire. I think its also spread over 2-3 years.