• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NEW GUN!.....again haha

carry for myself

just got myself a 80's model beretta 92 SB compact. heck of a rare gun. got it for peanuts! wish i could find out more about it but they are so rare that there is almost no lit. on them.....oh well. its small, its gorgeous and its a beretta haha

MilProGuy

Is that it in your avatar?

If you could post a larger pic, I'm sure that plenty of folks here would enjoy salivating over it, er...I mean, uh, viewing it. :cool:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
just got myself a 80's model beretta 92 SB compact. heck of a rare gun. got it for peanuts! wish i could find out more about it but they are so rare that there is almost no lit. on them.....oh well. its small, its gorgeous and its a beretta haha

Nice!!!!! Dry or honey roasted? Care to share a picture or two? I have a Beretta 9000S. It's small and gorgeous and but not as rare.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Is that it in your avatar?

If you could post a larger pic, I'm sure that plenty of folks here would enjoy salivating over it, er...I mean, uh, viewing it. :cool:

Dude, are you SERIOUS? That is so clearly a 1911 in his avatar. One of the most recognizable guns in the world. Are you sure you own guns?

Edit: to add more incredulity.

Last edited:

carry for myself

pic on the way lol what i found out is used in 85% condition they are going for $800-$1,200 haha mine is in about 98% and i only paid $250 haha

carry for myself

oh heck yeah.seeing as they only made like 1,200 of these in the world haha. gonna use my 1911 in the winter, but this is going to be my summer carry. loaded with 124g horiday tap FPS +p ;)

Last edited:

carry for myself

You "did a good day's work" when you acquired that beauty! :dude:

i sure did. 99% of the SB compact models were 8 round single stacks. i luckily got the elusive and rare 13 round double stack model. came with ultra rare SB wood panel grips too!

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
oh heck yeah.seeing as they only made like 1,200 of these in the world haha.

Where'd you find that number?

sure did. 99% of the SB compact models were 8 round single stacks. i luckily got the elusive and rare 13 round double stack model. came with ultra rare SB wood panel grips too!

Where'd you hear that 99% of them were single stack models? Most I've seen on the web were double stack models.

Last edited:

jeeper1

From Wikipedia.
92SB (92S-1)

The extremely rare 92SB, Initially called the 92S-1, was specifically designed for the USAF (US Air Force) trials (which it won), the model name officially adopted was the 92SB. It included the changes of the 92S, added a firing pin block (thus the addition of the "B" to the name), and relocated the magazine release catch from the bottom of the grip to the lower bottom of the trigger guard.

• 92SB Compact (1981–1991), shortened barrel and slide (13-round magazine capacity). It was replaced by the "92 Compact L".

Compact Type M(1992–)Similar to the Compact L, but has a slimmer grip that accepts only a single stacked 8-round magazine.

The complete article.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_92