• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun when building a barn

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Actually you are correct that PETA is the cause of some of these laws. I think the penalties for removing collars and turning in dogs to the pound came about from several PETA activists getting caught redhanded stealing hunting dogs. See PETA hates dog hunting thinks its cruel to the dogs blah blah blah. now on the other hand i think peter needs to buy himself some chickens for his farm and then the effing dogs would be chasing his livestock and therefore free game since he can't shoot the cockroaches.

I didn't bring that up with Ranger's post.
A few years back there was a lowlife in Hanover named Randy Kirby. He had a couple of acres and liked to shoot dogs so he bought some chickens.
He even shot two dogs and dragged them into a Board of Supervisors meeting to complain. They did charge him for getting blood on the carpet.

To back up to Wyldes post...yeah, 80% of the dog hunters are ethical but the other 20 really makes an impression...

and G7G...I would hate to have to spend eternity in that special spot in hell with Kirby.
Now if you could just convince Bob that Trespassing Dog Hunters are a Non Game Species...:lol:

wylde007

Well, if it's illegal to take deer on property which isn't yours (or which you have express permission to hunt) and dogs are being used to pursue game on YOUR property (possession being 9/10 of the law), making them YOUR deer...

tcmech

Looks like they even got the tracking collars the wildlife conservationists put on them to monitor their mating habits. That's a sure sign of a coyote if you ask me.