• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3 Walmarts = no ammo

JesterP99

I don't know why people are complaining. Quit your bitching and get up early. I just stopped at Walmart and picked up 150 rounds of brass max 223 at 35 cents a round after tax.

Walmart is getting it, Saturday and Monday are your best bet. Get there by 7-7:30.

Don't pat ridiculous Internet prices.

9mm is a completely different story, that stuff is hard to find.

Update : just got 150 rounds of steel cased 9mm from a different Walmart

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Considering most WalMarts are open 24/7, and they don't magically unload the trucks right at 6:45, it actually makes much more sense to get there around 1-2 AM.

That shouldn't be necessary, however. Some of us are too busy to buy ammo when it suits the ammo. There's no time of day I am guaranteed to be free, and under normal market conditions I could go at my convenience.

Update : just got 150 rounds of steel cased 9mm from a different Walmart

That doesn't qualify as ammo.

Last edited:

JesterP99

They do unload the trucks earlier than that but in my experience, they won't put it out, or says they have it until the manager comes in at 7am. And it's understandable that your schedule doesn't allow for you to get up and go to Walmart but going to 3 different Walmarts in the middle of the week and saying there isn't any ammo doesn't really justify saying that it's getting worse.

In fact, just this morning, the sporting goods manager at my Walmart told me that he has been getting more shipments of ammo a week than normal.
If anything, we should be mad at local gun store owners who are taking advantage of us.

I want a bumper sticker that says "I don't support local businesses that don't support me."

JesterP99

Travelling and visiting, I've been exposed to these single serving 'coffee' makers that I have found quite analogous to the current ammo supply difficulties.

My self-defense ammo is FEDERAL EFMJ period. I know it and trust it.

At home I grind my own inexpensive coffee beans and carefully brew my coffee to my standards (2.5 ounces beans coarsely ground filtered by 50 ounces water) and taste. The single serving coffee pods don't even necessarily have only coffee in them, one "breakfast blend" seemed to have a distinct flavor of tea.

I am suspicious of generic/cut-rate ammo for the same reasons.

I'm on my way home again to the Holy City and have shopped gun shops here and there all across the middle of the US. I have been able to buy ONE box of outrageously priced EFMJ - and I will hoard it too!

I'm curious to see if I can find federal efmj, I have never heard of it but it sounds pretty good. What was a box of that going for pre-hording?

As for cut rate ammo, I have heard people having problems with reloaded ammunition from some companies but I think tul's steel rounds are acceptable by any target practice standards.

I saw a picture on the firearm blog (I think that's where I saw it) of a Glock that exploded after shooting a reloaded brass round from a company here in the US. I hope to never encounter a problem of that nature but I agree that cheap is not always good.

JesterP99

I will gladly share my horded ammunition when the time comes to stand up and fight for the rights this country was founded on.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I will gladly share my horded ammunition when the time comes to stand up and fight for the rights this country was founded on.

Nah, don't worry about it. The unavailability of practice ammo to new shooters who don't understand will do the Brady Bunch's work for them and kill the 2A long before this becomes an option.

Vtloki

I've had luck here. Slickguns.com and click ammo. Got it for as low as 35 cents a round.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Nah, don't worry about it. The unavailability of practice ammo to new shooters who don't understand will do the Brady Bunch's work for them and kill the 2A long before this becomes an option.

I was gonna say you had to take up handloading which took me off track and topic as usual. It reminded me of the other night at Bass Pro (and new people).

For some reason BP has become a Mecca for Yankees. The other night which is when the race was in town which is a Yankee magnet.....I ran across two separate Northern challenged persons, buying 22 caliber bullets (as in reloading components) to shoot in their rim fire rifles.

I'd love to be there when they pull out the trusty rat slayer and try to stuff a bare 55 grain bullet in it:lol:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
For some reason BP has become a Mecca for Yankees. The other night which is when the race was in town which is a Yankee magnet.....I ran across two separate Northern challenged persons, buying 22 caliber bullets (as in reloading components) to shoot in their rim fire rifles.

Hah! Hah hah! Hahahahahahaha! That's a good one.