• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cluster blank robbery

WalkingWolf

I thought this was interesting, a friend called us to tell us of a shootout in the Walmart parking lot, apparently the victim got robbed, followed the robbers, then engaged in a shootout in the crowded parking lot. These yay hoos were standing only feet from each other and nobody could hit anybody. It is a wonder that people in the lot did not get shot.

What baffles me is if the robbers took the man's phone and wallet, why didn't they take his gun? And after he was robbed, and then safe did he endanger his life over a phone and wallet?

The damage to his car is probably much more than the cost of a phone and replacing credit cards and ID's.

http://www.wral.com/man-charged-after-gunfire-outside-sanford-walmart/13701267/

Bernymac

I thought this was interesting, a friend called us to tell us of a shootout in the Walmart parking lot, apparently the victim got robbed, followed the robbers, then engaged in a shootout in the crowded parking lot. These yay hoos were standing only feet from each other and nobody could hit anybody. It is a wonder that people in the lot did not get shot.

What baffles me is if the robbers took the man's phone and wallet, why didn't they take his gun? And after he was robbed, and then safe did he endanger his life over a phone and wallet?

The damage to his car is probably much more than the cost of a phone and replacing credit cards and ID's.

http://www.wral.com/man-charged-after-gunfire-outside-sanford-walmart/13701267/

Maybe it was concealed?!? That tactical advantage did not go over very well so he figured he'd give chase...by golly, he is going to shoot someone! :uhoh:

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Maybe it was concealed?!?

Well the information was updated, I'll try to post it later. The police stated they found no weapons, though there was lawn furniture with holes in them. It seems all the players knew each other and were meeting at Walmart for an unspecified reason. The police claim the victim did not fire, but we talked directly to a eye witness that stated the robbery victim fired the first shots. It seems the armed robber with a gun, got away, but the victims gun magically disappeared. Betting someone finds a ditched gun in Walmart.

Drug deal gone bad? Sex meeting gone bad? I have no idea, but the whole thing stinks.

willy1094

Doesn't read like anything near self defense to me. I've read that some state allow you to chase a felon but (and I'm not saying that is the case here) that doesn't make it a good idea.

Last edited:

wimwag

Doesn't read like anything near self defense to me. I've read that some state allow you to chase a felon but (and I'm not saying that is the case here) that doesn't make it a good idea.

Or an ethical one.

I see no reason to kill over a wallet or cell phone. Stupid is as stupid does.

WalkingWolf

...robbery victim didn't have a gun or shoot at anyone...just chased the robbers and tried to prevent their escape...messed up his car which probably cost more than his wallet and cellphone...common sense is in short supply these days...

http://www.sanfordherald.com/x1235865841/Police-investigate-shooting-at-Walmart

Eyewitness says different, but either way it was a stupid move.

I haven't looked yet, but a employee when I asked about the furniture that had bullet holes said it was the employee picnic table, WHICH would have been fire coming from the victim shooting.

Not sure why SPD is giving a totally different statement when several people saw the victim start the shooting.

Last edited: