• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yikes!

45acpForMe

Heck you have a Glock 21sf as a BUG? :eek: What is your primary?

I carry a BUG in my front left pocket and I have caught several times if I have bumped into a counter/table that sometimes the mag-release has been pressed. In my case being right handed the solution is to carry it in my right pocket so the mag release button doesn't get hit if I bump into something. So I don't know if your case is really anything Glock specific or simply a normal use problem with mag releases.

hp-hobo

I was thinkin' the same thing. If a guy carries a G21SF for a BUG, what does his primary look like... An M136/AT-4?

800px-AT-4_live-fire.jpg

Huck

Heh, when I saw it lying there I swore at myself(in my head) for not carrying a revolver.

I generally carry a revolver, a Smith & Wesson Model 10. No worries about mags there. :) I sometimes carry a Springfield 1911A1, which I love also but the S&W model 10's my fav.

Now I'm not bashing Glocks but from posts I've read there seems to be problems with mags dropping out. Does this happen very ofton or does it just seem that way from the posts I've read? I'm asking because my nephew's looking at getting a Glock in .40 S&W. He was'nt interested in a 1911A1, called it a "old fashioned iron slab".

hp-hobo

The AT-4 is a single shot/single use weapon that fires an 84mm anti-tank projectile. The brass you see flying is from an unknown MG that is obviously somewhere in close proximity.

I just thought the picture was kewl, but maybe this one is better.

Lmaw-02.jpg

ETA: I've never had a mag inadvertently drop out of any of our Glocks. It sounds like operator error.

Last edited:
M

McX

been there, done that, hated it. i was cc in the shop one day, and a hood comes in to sniff us over, hadn't trimmed down the mag. release on my hi point yet, and was carrying by the shoulder, must have squeezed her, and she spit the mag. out, fell down my coat, and landed on the floor between me and the hood. he didn't say a word while i retrieved it, but i think he got the message.

Dreamer

Did anyone else notice the unfired round in the air with all the empties? How is that possible?

Actually, I think there are TWO unfired rounds in that pic...

Gotta love a gun that requires a battery for operation! No need to "tap-rack-bang" when it doesn't go "bang"...

Attachments

• 800px-AT-4_live-fire.jpg
    800px-AT-4_live-fire.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Dreamer

I see 0 unfired rounds in the picture. the weapon being fired is either a SAW or a Minigun.

Unless it's a Dillon Aero M-134 Gatling Gun, which cycles electrically, and automatically de-links the chains with an electric delinker as it fires...

http://www.dillonaero.com/content/p/9/pid/3/catid/1/M134_Modernization_Kit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7J2rbUFyJ8

Electrically motorized multi-barreled minguns could technically cycle an entire belt of duds. The loading and ejection is not dependent on the gas pressure of the fired cartridges--cycling is completely electro-mechanical...

Dillon is making a new version that has a lot of lightweight titanium parts, and is under 50lbs for a crew-served version, including mount. The original steel version was over 66lbs...

Last edited:

Dreamer

Because it's a staged photo and someone off camera threw a bunch of fired casings and links into the picture!

I'm glad someone else noticed the odd look of the casings. I looked at this pic in Photoshop under high magnification, and to my trained eye, it looks like the casings MAY have been photoshopped into the pic altogether. If you zoom way in, they have a completely different pixel density and dithering pattern than the rest of the photo...

230therapy

Loaded magazines drop out of Glocks when the button is pressed.

Yes, I know! Amazing!

The real issue may be whether or not the holster is cut incorrectly such that part of the kydex or leather can exert pressure on the magazine release button. I have purchased one or two holsters with this flaw. I simply shaved the leather or kydex down until it was fully relieved.

Last edited:

Tawnos

I'm glad someone else noticed the odd look of the casings. I looked at this pic in Photoshop under high magnification, and to my trained eye, it looks like the casings MAY have been photoshopped into the pic altogether. If you zoom way in, they have a completely different pixel density and dithering pattern than the rest of the photo...
That's just because of how jpg compression works