• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Discovery Channel hostage situation in MD ends badly for the gunman

45acpForMe

This crazy dude was able to get a gun in MD and take hostages. Is that enough evidence for a "may" issue permit in MD? :-(

According to a police spokesman, the suspect entered the building's main entrance "wearing what appeared to be metallic canister devices on his front and back. He also pulled a handgun out and was waving a handgun."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/01/maryland.discovery.channel/index.html?hpt=T1

At least he was a raving liberal and not likely to give the average gun owner a bad name.

Jor Reeser

Outstanding. One less human to contaminate the environment and saves the taxpayers the cost of a trial. I'm glad no one else was hurt.

Jack House

His website says he was influenced by some book about a gorilla who talks to children telepathically.

Oh, and An inconvenient truth.

He was a fan of Al Gore and Michael Moore.(supposedly)
Guns don't kill people, Micheal Moore's documentaries do.

buster81

So, this asshat shows up at the Discovery Channel with a few bombs, and a gun, and he is labeled a gunman. Why don't they call him a bomber? And when will they be detailing him as a left-wing environmentalist kook?

Jack House

Funny how it's the right wing extremists the Obama administration is all worried about whereas it's the left wing extremists that are actually being violent and committing acts of terrorism. :rolleyes:

obamacare

The truth about hippies and environmentalists

They take up space and they have carbon footprints.
How much oil and gas was burned in the response by police/fire/medical because of what he did? Think of all the CO2 was emitted. He was part of the problem...but no longer.

Plus even if there is such a thing as to many people and pollution, nature will take care of it on it's own. Natural disasters take out quite a few people(earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanos, etc, etc,) Cancer , disease infertility cause by pollution. So its automatic.

Last edited:

swinokur

Activist Member
the guns turned out to be starter pistols..

for a guy who wanted to save the planet, he has now polluted the ground with lead and formaldehyde.

not very eco friendly if you ask me.

XD40coyote

I understand that what morticians use these days are not as bad as what was used in the old days. EPA and all that. Same goes for taxidermists.

However in this man's case, dump him in the park ( Rock St park or something like that), and let the coyotes eat him. LOL

swinokur

Activist Member
I understand that what morticians use these days are not as bad as what was used in the old days. EPA and all that. Same goes for taxidermists.

However in this man's case, dump him in the park ( Rock St park or something like that), and let the coyotes eat him. LOL

Yeah, but lead is lead ! Think of the children (who he hated too)

;>)

heresyourdipstickjimmy

The media sure made this incident sound like the BG may have planned suicide by cop. The last newscast I saw on this said his firearms were incapable of harm as they were loaded with blanks.