• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Terms used by anti gun people

E46m3

I'm trying to make a list of all the terms used by the anti gun people to scare us. Here are some I already have.

1. Assault rifle/weapon
2. Sniper rifle
3. Armor piercing bullets

I know there are a lot more, additions would be great. Thanks.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
fenced land marked "No Trespassing" = compound

500+ rounds of ammunition (brick of .22) = arsenal, also

scoped rifle = sniper rifle

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

White male, camo pants, combat boots, OC'd sidearm = Klansman! (been called that more than a few times o_O)

Hmm... I'd like to set a stand at a firearms convention, with a Hunting rifle, and a M95 BMG. With a big sign with neon pink letters that says "This is NOT a sniper rifle... THIS IS!"

SovereignAxe

Ooo I want a rifle that fires 2.23 calibur ammunition. ;)

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

sooo, you want a needle gun? lol

a couple more: packing heat, gun toting. Those two always get under my skin because I know they're always said or printed with a side of smugness and meant to sound negative.

Aknazer

sooo, you want a needle gun? lol

a couple more: packing heat, gun toting. Those two always get under my skin because I know they're always said or printed with a side of smugness and meant to sound negative.

If by "needle" you mean rivet gun! I could only imagine the size of a 2.23 caliber bullet given that it is 10x as large as a .223 caliber!

carry for myself

any AK or AR style weapon = Machine gun *even though it is considered a light rifle by the military and a machine gun is belt or drum fed ........

us=gun nut

anything over 10 rounds= high capacity magazine. even though alot of .22 plinking rifles have 20rnd mags.

guns= killing machines

lazer sight = tactical enhancement for murder . no i just call it better accuracy in the dark.

just a few i've heard.

Daylen

I'm trying to make a list of all the terms used by the anti gun people to scare us. Here are some I already have.

1. Assault rifle/weapon
2. Sniper rifle
3. Armor piercing bullets

I know there are a lot more, additions would be great. Thanks.

um who doesn't use the term "armor piercing bullets". Everyone that has an AR15 should have a case of them. Hint: they are the green tipped ones. Or do you prefer the more engineering lingo of "enhanced penetration cartridge"?