• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Election Day 2011 - Tues 11/8/11 0600-1900

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
As most of you are aware there is an election on November 8th, 2011 for both the State House and State Senate. The polls are open from 6am until 7pm.

We in Virginia are at a crossroads. We have never had a better chance of taking control of the Senate. It is time to send Saslaw to the minority. If we can take the house and Senate we can achieve some BIG 2nd Amendment goals.

I want to encourage everyone to go vote. Get your friends and family to vote. If you are going to be out of town, vote absentee. It is important and one vote CAN make all the the difference.

VCDL Members- Let's keep contacting our representatives and candidates and ask them to complete the 2011 VCDL candidate survey. There is no reason to not complete this simple survey. Don't take excuses.

Consider making a critical donation to the VCDL-PAC. Every penny counts. Click here to donate.

Just to give folks an idea of how much money is being spent on this election, here is some of my mail from the last three days.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319490276.247603.jpg

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Unfortunately Henry Marsh has no opposition.

But that's not an impediment - I am going to write in "Mickey Mouse" just to let him know he is not desired. It might not make a difference in the outcome but just maybe he will understand the message. Of course my emails to him explaining why I do not feel he represents me will continue unless for some reason Mickey wins.

stay safe.

TFred

But that's not an impediment - I am going to write in "Mickey Mouse" just to let him know he is not desired. It might not make a difference in the outcome but just maybe he will understand the message. Of course my emails to him explaining why I do not feel he represents me will continue unless for some reason Mickey wins.

stay safe.
All you can do in this case is to support candidates in other districts that have a legitimate chance to turn the balance.

TFred

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
In my district the incumbent George Barker won by less then one percent of the vote last time. He rode on the success of Obama. I think that Miller Baker will win this time around.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

stay safe.

Marsh hardly knows his name anymore. I doubt he makes it through another full term.

2a4all

Here in the 1st Senate District, Mickey Chohany is running against incumbent John Miller (D). As candidates go, Miller is the better public speaker, but don't be fooled. I think Chohany has a chance to oust Miller, and will make the better Senator.

Repeater

Preston Brown - Independent

stay safe.

Preston Brown is running.

His RKBA views may be unknown, but he couldn't possible be worse than Marsh.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Preston Brown is running.

His RKBA views may be unknown, but he couldn't possible be worse than Marsh.

Thanks. How did I miss that?:banghead:

stay safe.

And then I looked at his website. No, No, a thousand times no! I'd rather hope that Marsh dies in office than put a young man with his politics into office.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
8 more ads, six phone calls, and two visits at the door, all about the election, and all in the last two days. Are you all seeing a similar amount of activity or is it because I live in Fairfax County?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
8 more ads, six phone calls, and two visits at the door, all about the election, and all in the last two days. Are you all seeing a similar amount of activity or is it because I live in Fairfax County?

I think it's just you personally. Might be all those responses we sent the Dems using your demographics.:D

stay safe.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I think it's just you personally. Might be all those responses we sent the Dems using your demographics.:D

stay safe.

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!! I am averaging four a day, it's pretty ridiculous. I probably get political ads like you get AARP applications...:D

B. Reddy

Ratings for county-level candidates?

Has anyone found a good ratings source for the RKBA leanings of candidates in Virginia? Especially Commonwealth Attorneys and Sheriffs?

Most of the fluff in the local papers has softball questions that produce answers like, "If elected I will be tough on crime," when what I really need to know are things like "Candidate XYZ enjoys harassing legal gun owners in his spare time..."

:cuss:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I haven't seen much of anything especially in the sheriff race. VCDL does candidate surveys but the response rate is not 100%.

Repeater

Remember John Chichester?

Remember John Chichester, that gun-hating RINO? Seems he is endorsing DEMOCRATS for State Senate:

Republican Chichester endorses Democrats in senate races
Former state senator John Chichester — a powerful Republican who headed the Senate Finance Committee — has endorsed a pair of Democratic senate candidates in Northern Virginia.

On Wednesday, Chichester threw his support behind Democrat Shawn Mitchell, ...

Last week, Chichester came out for Democratic Sen. Toddy Puller, ...

Gee, thanks a lot, John.

Tess

Founder's Club Member

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I thought the Republican Party of Virginia had some kind of rule that to be a Republican you had to support party candidates. Wasn't there some big hoo-hah about Cuccinelli not qualifying?

If you're talking about the recent hoo-hah Tess, it wasn't big or even a hoo-hah.

The issue was with his support of Bill Janis for Henrico Commonwealths Attorney. Ken's suspension was only temporary and he should be back in good standing on Wednesday.
This was a very unusual situation because Bill didn't decide to run until the last minute. If he had made a Republican Bid earlier, he would have gotten it.

As a side note, when Bill announced his candidacy, he made a number of very pointed remarks about the need for honor, Etc. in a Commonwealths Attorney. He also asked me not to release Surry Side until after the election if I used them to discredit Poindexter.

I agreed!