• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lynchburg OC Lunch Sat April 14, 2012 12:30 pm at Vinny's Italian Grill on Wards Rd

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Howdy y'all. There have been several requests and suggestions for a Lynchburg area OC meal, so let's meet at Vinny's on Wards Rd (in front of Target, by McDonald's) at 12:30 for lunch this Saturday (4/14/2012). I could probably plan one out later too, but I have it in mind now so let's have lunch. :)

The wifester and I regularly OC at Vinny's and we've held several OC lunches or dinners there in the past couple of years. The folks are friendly, the food is tasty and not too expensive and Jimmy and the crew provide a nice place to enjoy the company of other folks. For those looking for their website see:

http://www.lynchburgpizza.com
4018 Wards Road Lynchburg, VA 24502

Please let me know in this thread if you can make it and I'll call ahead to ensure we have seats reserved for us. We like to keep the atmosphere family friendly, so feel free to bring your spouses, boyfriends / girlfriends, friends and kids. Our only regular requests are easy to meet: Please don't handle your sidearms unless necessary and please refrain from consuming alcohol while we're together.

Attending:
jmelvin - 1 (maybe 2)

Last edited:

half_life1052

I should be able to attend. The better half will still be at a soccer game but I will have my soccer duties done by then. I look forward to it.

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I should be able to attend. The better half will still be at a soccer game but I will have my soccer duties done by then. I look forward to it.

Sounds good, I hope to see you. Our fellow neutron loving friend (nuc65) may or may not be there. I have to figure out if he's still globetrottng. There are a few others who are only here on occasion that may show up if I call them.

By the way if delaying lunch by an hour or so would result in the arrival of the remainder of the half_life family, I can surely accomodate.

So far:
jmelvin - 1
half_life - 1

Last edited:

half_life1052

Update: The governor called. The better half_life was released from soccer duties (game rescheduled). She will be with me on Saturday and we won't need the time bumped around any.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Very good! I think Jero1983 and Mrs.Jero1983 will be attending, but I'll put them down with a question mark. I sent out a personal message to Snazoulu, love4guns, davestradamus, Strelok and thewlbii to make them aware of this lunch since none of them have replied, so I hope that may get some more attendees.

Attending:
jmelvin - 1
half_life - 3
Jeros - 2?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
jmelvin, I will be there.

Good! I thought about you after I sent out the personal messages. I figured you came here often enough I thought you'd see the posting. I hope the other gentleman who doesn't post who joined us for lunch during your first time will attend as well. :)

The Jeros confirmed their attendance last night. I think nuc65 may be otherwise occupied, so this may be a rare one without him.

Attending:
jmelvin - 1
half_life - 3
Jeros - 2
amtilton - 1

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Hey, hopefully it's not too late, but I will be bringing a guest.

Hey man we'll take anyone who would like to come. Telling us you're attending is just a pleasantry so we can ensure there are enough seats when we first set down. Anyone is welcome to come, whether they post or don't. :)

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Let me say thank you to all who showed up for lunch this past Saturday. I think we all enjoyed ourselves, I know I did, and it was nice to have 5 new faces and some of the ones who make a commitment to show up nearly any time we have a meal together. I think if we could get all of us together who have attended over the past couple years I think we'd probably have a party of about 25-30 people and I know this does not include all of the other OCers here in town. We run across them in our daily lives here and there, but we don't see them here on this board.

Thanks again and I look forward to next time! :)

Last edited: