• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blackhawk holster for smith & wesson 22a handgun

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I guess I'll do that would think some one on this forum knows, though!

Not a high probability as Serpas are marketed toward the more popular designs of defensive and duty carry handguns. .22 rim fire is on the extreme low end of what is generally selected for either use. In so far as finding one that will work, but designed for another model, again the probability is near zero because of the unique/unusual frame protrusion on the model 22a just in front of the trigger guard.

I know several people that have modified Serpas to fit something unusual but it involved cutting open the shell, adding or subtracting material, epoxying everything back together and that invalidates any warranty + such demands a great deal of confidence in what you are doing.

The difficult often gets done quickly here, but the impossible takes a little longer. :D

HansK

Not a high probability as Serpas are marketed toward the more popular designs of defensive and duty carry handguns. .22 rim fire is on the extreme low end of what is generally selected for either use. In so far as finding one that will work, but designed for another model, again the probability is near zero because of the unique/unusual frame protrusion on the model 22a just in front of the trigger guard.

I know several people that have modified Serpas to fit something unusual but it involved cutting open the shell, adding or subtracting material, epoxying everything back together and that invalidates any warranty + such demands a great deal of confidence in what you are doing.

The difficult often gets done quickly here, but the impossible takes a little longer. :D

Like I said I'm just looking for one that will work decently well, even if it is not a blackhawk(but prefer a blackhawk) but one is better then none.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

The second is the best one I came up with.. but it looks cheap :( anyone heard of that brand?

Contact Pro-Tech direct and ask them if there are any stocking dealers in your area - if so, go and touch one for yourself

The are decent enough, entry level, ballistic nylon holsters. Where price is a consideration, they'll do the job.

Do you do any of your own research?

HansK

Contact Pro-Tech direct and ask them if there are any stocking dealers in your area - if so, go and touch one for yourself

The are decent enough, entry level, ballistic nylon holsters. Where price is a consideration, they'll do the job.

Do you do any of your own research?

If you were not so ignorant you could tell that I am a new gun owner using the forums for what they are supposed to be used for.

I've never owned one holster in my life and I did try to find a store with this model in my area and was unable to find one. So looking for online reviews and asking other people about their experiences with the holster is about the only thing I can do.

Think twice before you make a comment.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If you were not so ignorant you could tell that I am a new gun owner using the forums for what they are supposed to be used for.

I've never owned one holster in my life and I did try to find a store with this model in my area and was unable to find one. So looking for online reviews and asking other people about their experiences with the holster is about the only thing I can do.

It might benefit you to review the forum rules - particularly about conduct: "we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks"
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Having thought twice, I will leave you to your own fortune.
Good luck with your search, Champ.

curtiswr

That holster is horrible. It is the sole reason my dog died, my winning lotto ticket got shredded, and my girlfriend left me. If you enjoy being miserable get that holster. I'd give you mine if it didn't spontaneously combust and burn my house down.

If it's cheap, buy it. If you like it, good. If not, it isn't much of a loss. Get one made specifically for your gun by a different company or a custom maker. Or make one yourself.

www.blade-tech.com
www.simplyrugged.com
www.comp-tac.com
www.miltsparks.com
http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/product_info.php?products_id=2170

No, I don't know or care if they make one for your model. Just trying to help get you started; you'll have to do a little for yourself.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
That holster is horrible. It is the sole reason my dog died, my winning lotto ticket got shredded, and my girlfriend left me. If you enjoy being miserable get that holster. I'd give you mine if it didn't spontaneously combust and burn my house down.

If it's cheap, buy it. If you like it, good. If not, it isn't much of a loss. Get one made specifically for your gun by a different company or a custom maker. Or make one yourself.

www.blade-tech.com
www.simplyrugged.com
www.comp-tac.com
www.miltsparks.com
http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/product_info.php?products_id=2170

No, I don't know or care if they make one for your model. Just trying to help get you started; you'll have to do a little for yourself.

I hate to encourage you Curtis...but that was funny!:lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

While I do occasionally call people names, calling Grapeshot ignorant, is like calling Tiny Tim a he man.