• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why gun owners have to be ever vigilant....

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PastorMartinNiemöller:
First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Definition:
Censorship is suppression of speech or other communication which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or inconvenient to the general body of people as determined by a government, media outlet, or other controlling body.
Definition:
Political Censorship occurs when governments hold back information from their citizens. This is often done to exert control over the populace and prevent free expression that might foment rebellion. Another version of censorship is the phenomenon of disinformation which uses "red herrings" to distract people from some other controversial issue.
Lord Acton's Dictum:
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
We see these abuses repeated over and over again in the world and we must unfailingly root them out, identify them for what they are, and fight them any way we can or we will surely lose our rights.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PastorMartinNiemöller:Definition:Definition:Lord Acton's Dictum:
We see these abuses repeated over and over again in the world and we must unfailingly root them out, identify them for what they are, and fight them any way we can or we will surely lose our rights.

+1!

I especially think this quote is important:

PastorMartinNiemöller:

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

It should make people remember that all of our rights are important whether you happen to like that particular right at that particular time or not.

Tweety

Banned
How about,

They came first for the uncompromising, and I didn't speak-up for I was
an eager compromiser.

Then they came for the disruptors, not being a distuptor I said nothing.

They came for the trolls, and I was not a troll, of course, and said
nothing.

When they came for the open carry advocate there were none. The members
had won

eye95

They came for the trolls, and I said nothing because they need to come for the trolls!

I wouldn't elevate folks identified by their wanton behavior (trolls) with folks identified by their religious heritage (Jews), their political beliefs (communists), or their lawful associations (trade unionists).