• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sikh's.... a culture of open carry

Metalhead47

Both....
The East Indians helped gather food for the pilgrams so they could survive the winter. Squanto learned to speak english and he taught them to fish, and how to plant corn.
They were Indians that lived on the eastern side of the country, east indians.

Y'all got yer injuns mixed up there, pardner.

American Indians are West Indians. Indians (the real Indians, from India, the blokes Columbus et alwere actually looking for and thought they found) are East Indians. That's why the Caribbean islands have been called the West Indies:

I think the Canuks have it right here. The term "First Nations" is much more accurate and so much less confusing.

Last edited:

amlevin

American Indians are West Indians. Indians (the real Indians, from India, the blokes Columbus et alwere actually looking for and thought they found) are East Indians. That's why the Caribbean islands have been called the West Indies:

I think the Canuks have it right here. The term "First Nations" is much more accurate and so much less confusing.

He was just conserving words. He meant "East Coast Indians";)

amzbrady

Are you referring to the North American nieghbors upstairs, in Canadia?

amlevin

Getting back to the topic, if you really want to see a bunch of Sikh's, go to Vancouver (Canada). Sometimes one can get the feeling that they made a wrong turn and ended up in India.

Last edited:

Manu

So True...!!!

Getting back to the topic, if you really want to see a bunch of Sikh's, go to Vancouver (Canada). Sometimes one can get the feeling that they made a wrong turn and ended up in India.

Yes you are right we have a big commuinity in Vancouver, BC, Whatever Techno has posted in the begining of this thread is absolutely right about sikhism, That is one of the basic guidlines for a Sikh.

sudden valley gunner

Yes you are right we have a big commuinity in Vancouver, BC, Whatever Techno has posted in the begining of this thread is absolutely right about sikhism, That is one of the basic guidlines for a Sikh.

Paji! Kidda! ChardiKala? (excuse my spelling if I am off)

I was just talking about you today with some of my Punjabi friends today, they had so many questions about guns and firearms. And they told me about a Sikh Farmer who used his to protect himself very recently. Up here in my county. I asked if they would give him my name and number I want to post his story here.

Manu

:)

Everything is fine SVG, Your spellings are correct. When you get that persons info let me know too, so someday we both can see him in person. I'll stop by on my way to BC. Recently I have started making more trips to your town too its all due to work.

SFCRetired

Just to add a little to this: One of the finest soldiers I ever knew was a Sikh. I knew him both as First Soldier of an ordnance company in Germany and later at Redstone Arsenal as a Sergeant Major. This was in the late eighties. I retired in '91 and lost track of him. At the time, the Army had said that, when he retired, there would be no more turbans, beards, or long hair allowed. I'm guessing that has changed.

As far as carrying the ceremonial dagger, he told me that all the Army would allow him to carry was a photograph of it!! Lot of good that did.

I also remember his wife and my late wife got along like gangbusters and were as thick as thieves. Could have been the fact that my late wife was born in India during the last days of the British Raj. I do remember his wife was one of the most gentle people I have ever met.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
While at work today, a Sikh family came in shopping for their school supplies....

Sikh.jpg

sikhoc.jpg

sudden valley gunner

Everything is fine SVG, Your spellings are correct. When you get that persons info let me know too, so someday we both can see him in person. I'll stop by on my way to BC. Recently I have started making more trips to your town too its all due to work.

Brother give me a call anytime you are up. I am self employed and would love to meet up with you again. It's been to long.

opencary?

Essential for a sikh

Here is a picture showing what are essentials for a sikh. You can see how carying a sword is integral part of their atire.

Attachments

• zsikh.jpg
    zsikh.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited: