• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gander Mountain closing Ashland store: Green Top moving in!

zoom6zoom

It's actually easier to get in and out of than their current location. And you can see the sign from 95.

Supposedly they had gotten approval to build a range on the vacant property next to their current location, so it would be interesting to see if they put one in at the new location, since it's five times the size of the current building. Of course, they could also sublet some of the space, too.

scouser

as it's a larger building perhaps they could make the aisles a bit wider. The current store layout makes it difficult to get around without blocking anyone getting past you, and since I almost always have Logan in tow when shopping it's impossible to keep him a distance from the merchandise that prevents him pulling everything onto the floor, so I gave up on visiting Green Top quite some time ago.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
as it's a larger building perhaps they could make the aisles a bit wider. The current store layout makes it difficult to get around without blocking anyone getting past you, and since I almost always have Logan in tow when shopping it's impossible to keep him a distance from the merchandise that prevents him pulling everything onto the floor, so I gave up on visiting Green Top quite some time ago.

You should have seen it in the old days. It started in that little building next door.:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Willing to bet that Greentop got a heck of a good deal on the rent and perhaps an option to buy too.

taurusfan

I understand that the ownership of Greentop changed a couple of years ago and that's why it kinda sucks there nowadays compared to how it once was.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I understand that the ownership of Greentop changed a couple of years ago and that's why it kinda sucks there nowadays compared to how it once was.

They went from a locally family owned business to a corporate entity, but many of the original senior employees remain. Still good people in my book.

67GT390FB

Charles G Thalhimer Jr President

Bill Prout Finance Executive

Jeff Fletcher Cio/Cto

Bob Strepka Chief Marketing Officer

Present corporate ownership goes back to 1993. The family business started in about 1943.

grape i'm not sure that's current info. I think there is a new maybe two-three year old management team that is made up of mostly former circuit city folks and we know what happened to circuit city. so far they have not managed to screw up the sales force but they have done little to make sure they keep them either. we all know its the direct interaction with the sales people that makes us as customers come back time and again. thats the difference between greentop and bass pro/gander the sales staff. i could care less about the name or who owns it as long as they keep their knowledgable and courteous staff. if their staff as a whole opened their own store and the circuit city guys swapped them out with bass pro/gander morons i'd never darken the door at greentop again. its the sales guys i buy from not the store. and i hope the circuit city guys figured out that its the store level staff that keeps customers coming back not sales and promotions or big new stores.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
grape i'm not sure that's current info. I think there is a new maybe two-three year old management team that is made up of mostly former circuit city folks and we know what happened to circuit city. so far they have not managed to screw up the sales force but they have done little to make sure they keep them either. we all know its the direct interaction with the sales people that makes us as customers come back time and again. thats the difference between greentop and bass pro/gander the sales staff. i could care less about the name or who owns it as long as they keep their knowledgable and courteous staff. if their staff as a whole opened their own store and the circuit city guys swapped them out with bass pro/gander morons i'd never darken the door at greentop again. its the sales guys i buy from not the store. and i hope the circuit city guys figured out that its the store level staff that keeps customers coming back not sales and promotions or big new stores.

Wasn't aware of that - Circuit City guys! Say it isn't so.:uhoh: