• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny OC Incident

Dianosis

imported post

The 5 "rules" listed on the back of my Coffee County issued permit:

1. This pistol permit does not permit you to carry a gun openly.

2. Your pistol permit is void if you are arrested on any charge.

3. Your pistol permit does not allow you carry a pistol in any place that serves alcohol or while your are drinking or using any illegal drug.

4. Your pistol permit is also void in any air terminal or in any Courthouse or other public building whether City, County, State or Federal.

5. If you carry a pistol under any of the above conditions where it is void, you will be subject to ARREST for carrying a concealed weapon.

Nice huh! *sarcasm

SlackwareRobert

imported post

When I picked mine up, the clerk asked... Paying by cash or check?
I told the clerk I would pay with cash so I wouldn't leave a paper trail.
got a blank stare:banghead::banghead:

bamasoldier1986

imported post

i am new to this site and was reading over your posts and i have a CC permit from elmore county and the rules on the backof it state

1 this pistol permit does not allow you to carry openly.

2 your permit is valid for the state of alabama only and any state with a reciprocal agreement with alabama*only*

3 your pistol permit does not allow you to carry a oistol in any place that serves alcohol or while you are drinking or using any illegal drug.

5 your pistol permit is also void in any air terminal or in any court house or other public building whether city, county, state or federal

6 if you carry a pistol under any of the above conditions where it is void, you will be subject to arrest for carrying a concealed weapon.

i am new to carrying and would like any and all advice you could offer

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
i am new to this site and was reading over your posts and i have a CC permit from elmore county and the rules on the backof it state

1 this pistol permit does not allow you to carry openly.

Yep I know this is opening a necro thread - but just in case anyone finds it and needs an answer, item #1 above is true but very misleading.

The permit does not allow OC (open carry) and it does NOT disallow it. No permit is required to OC anywhere is is legal w/few exceptions i.e. in vehicle.
http://www.opencarry.org/al.html

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Is it legal for cops (or any government official) to accept discounts?

Addressing only LEO discounts and giving an opinion w/o cites.

Many places offer discounts and even free coffee as a way of saying "thanks" - that and their presence is appreciated as it discourages problems. I have no problem with that - we from this forum are not charged for drinks when we eat at several establishments for much the same reason - they appreciate our regular visits and that we are responsibly armed.

Have never seen a law forbidding LEOs to accept such gratuities excepting those that refer to bribery - that seems like a stretch for a cup of coffee or small discount that was not solicited.

Some individual departments may have their own rules of conduct that would apply.

There are laws on the books regarding the value and reporting of gifts received as they apply to elected officials. I will leave it to others to cite as I am reasonably sure they will be state specific.

USAR-VET

Damn.......didn't know they got a discount! That's nice of them to do that though. I would have loved to see her face after telling her that you weren't LE!